Chapter 1: Back, just like that

His heart beats loudly and he could almost swear that you can hear it. Drops of sweat are rolling down the side of his face as he stares at yours. He presses his lips tightly, watching as you drink from your cup before crossing your arms in front of your chest, obviously irritated and annoyed by his presence.

"Y/N," he calls.

"What?"

"About what I said, I," he clears his throat, his lips pursing as his eyes scan the cafe as if trying to find something that could possibly make the situation a lot less tense, "I'm serious about it. I really need you to do this, Y/N, and I, I really am sorry."

You let out a chuckle, a most certainly fake one. "Alright, I'm sorry I'm not sorry, but I really can't do this for you. Not now, and hopefully not ever," you chime harshly, and he could swear he can hear his own heart breaking, "Your apology is a year too late. It had taken a lot of time and a few gallons of tears, but I am now happy with RJ, so please don't interfere my life anymore."

He'd be lying if he said he didn't get hurt by that. It stung. Though he knows that coming back to everyone one and everything after abandoning them for at least two years is quite a bitchy move, he still is, oddly, glad to be back.

He lets out a sarcastic chuckle. "Happy?" he repeats, "No. In no way am I believing that." he looks at you deeply and calmly and you return his gaze with a glare. The tone of his voice seemed to change after that one honest statement from you. It almost seemed as though your response gave him more confidence and got more comfortable to be teasing you.

"You know, you're always leaving me with a lot of questions, Kim Taehyung." You grimace, eyes squinting. "You're a fucking dick by the way, an actual fucking cock. And as much as I want to watch that come into your realization, I also want this conversation over so I wouldn't have to see your face."

Ouch.

You take out your wallet out from your bag and put some money on the table. "That's for my drink. Keep the change," you say as you put your wallet back in to your bag. You stand up. "I wasn't nice talking with you, and I hope to never do this again."

You were about to walk away when he calls on you. You look at him with an obviously fake simper, "What?" you ask.

"At least consider my offer. I'll give you anything you want in return after we finish this. Anything."

"Still, I don't want it. This is stupid, Kim."

"You'll give in, eventually," he says, tilting his head to the side with a cold expression on his face, "You'll be tired of denying and you'll be tired of your shitty boyfriend one day, Yoo Y/N. I'm sure of it."