Chapter 15: Blue

Taehyung lays on his bed, quiet as he stares up the ceiling, classical music blasting on full volume from his speakers. He sighs, reaching over for the remote on his nightstand.

Clicking on the blue circle, the lightbulb on the center of the ceiling turns blue, turning the entire room blue as well.

He shifts his head to the side, feeling a movement beside him as the arm around his waist tightens, the person beside him hugging at his form even tighter.

Taehyung chuckles, slightly wiggling his body, trying to get loose from the embrace.

"You're acting like a baby," he speaks out softly to the person beside him, "You are acting like an actual baby."

The person sniffles, putting their leg on top of Taehyung's, "I hate how the second I turned around, the second I chose to take a break, the second I chose to choose myself, there was already someone giving up and someone taking my place."

Taehyung stops, now taking the matter more seriously. Earlier, it was just this drunk person beside him ranting about stupid stuff, and now the topic's noticeably shifted.

Seokjin smiles. "Kaira," he mutters softly a name that he struggled to speak about or even mention for years, "You remember her, right?" Jin chuckles to himself to which Taehyung freezes, "Of course you do. We all do. We're just trying to forget for my sake."

"It's been almost three years, hyung," Taehyung softly mutters after a long quiet pause between the two.

"And those three years aren't long enough for me to forget," he says, barely above a whisper, "Nothing's going to be a long enough time for me to forget. Six years, ten years, twenty years, I'd still remember it, Tae. Everything."

Taehyung sighs, "You're drunk."

"Yeah, maybe I am," Seokjin giggles, "I might not remember this tomorrow but we both know that I speak of the truth, dear brother," he says as he pats on Taehyung's cheek.

"Don't mention it if it hurts you."

"So what, so I can hide and not talk about how it hurts me? How it fucking tears me apart?" he stutters a little, sniffling before he continues, "This is a conversation overdue, so why can't I just talk about it while I have the courage to and feel the most insensible than I've ever been in a long while."

Taehyung keeps quiet, letting the soft sniffles of his brother be the only sound audible inside the room. Jin inhales and exhales sharply.

"Don't leave me, alright, Tae? Don't leave me like she did."

Taehyung simpers. "Like I have a choice."

Jin giggles drunkenly, "I hate her. I fucking hate her, and I hate the fact that I still love her, that I still long to see her, to see them." He pauses, releasing a shaky breath before continuing, "She took away my baby."