Chapter 25: I forgive you

"You're can't be doing this right now," Namjoon points out, sighing as he watches Hoseok take another sip from his drink

"You're can't be doing this right now," Namjoon points out, sighing as he watches Hoseok take another sip from his drink. He isn't at his usual seat today – on the counter, hoping that Namjoon wouldn't see him getting wasted. "How do you even plan on going home?"

Hoseok giggles at that, shrugging. "You're there. Owen's there. I can harass one of you to take me home," he says, which is what will most likely happen, considering that Namjoon couldn't really help seeing or even knowing that his friend is driving home drunk, "or maybe I wouldn't need to leave. I can just crash the night here."

Namjoon tilts his head, knowing that he's basically defeated, as Hoseok's not really one to listen to him. "Why are you getting drunk? You haven't been like this in months," He mutters out as he sits beside Hoseok.

"For the fun of it." Hoseok hands Namjoon a bottle. "Don't drink too much. You're now entitled as the designated fucking driver."

Namjoon giggles at that, drinking straight from the glass bottle. "Kaira's back."

"Yeah, I know. I saw her out the window too."

"You did?" Namjoon raises his brows, knowing that two people out of all of them already know that the woman's back. Actually, three people. He's just unaware of it yet. As much as possible, he wants to get his squad away from Kaira. Everyone's already starting to heal. He just wants them to continue healing.

"The store is literally made out of glass."

Namjoon drinks again. Little by little, his bottle is emptying faster than he wanted it to. He sighs, looking at the almost half empty bottle. "I want to get her away from everyone, from Seokjin hyung, especially."

Hoseok clenches his jaw at that before flashing a comforting simper. He swings his arm over the younger man's shoulders, which had honestly took Namjoon by surprise. "Count me in," Hoseok chimes.

Too late, Namjoon.

-

The woman shifts uncomfortably on her chair. Her hands were sweating, her feet,  shaking. "Why did we have to talk?"

Seokjin tilts his head to the side. "Why are you even asking that question?"

She clenches her jaw at that, swallowing harshly. She knows there's no way can she chicken out of this situation. It's already happening. Jin is already there, in front of her.

"Why did you come back, Kaira?"

"W-we weren't..." she pauses. She seemed so fidgety and anxious, and Seokjin can pretty much notice. In fact, he knew why. It was because of him.

He hates the fact that he still feels sympathy for Kaira, that he still hates it when she's suffering in any way. He knows he never got over it, got over her. His heart is still in the same state – completely and wholly in love with the woman afore him.