Chapter 22: Meant it at 22

You knew you were glad that you did things when you did, as they all lead you to this very moment. You're pretty much in love with this morning, sitting in the balcony, a cup of hot chocolate in hand, and your fair-haired beau sitting just right beside you.

He smiles lovingly, a brief sigh of air escaping from his nose as he feels your head on his shoulder. He brings his hand up to stoke at your hair. He licks his lips before muttering out with a barely audible voice, "I want to marry you when I'm 25, boo."

You smile at that, your heavy eyelids feeling lighter yet the moment feels more like a reverie. "Let's get married when you're 25." You don't know if you low-key just got engaged, but you do know that you like it.

You sigh, feeling him stroke your hair once more. He closes his eyes, trying to feel everything, to feel you. He feels so peaceful that he knew he could stay like that forever with you. "Happy birthday, Tae," you let out, making him titter cutely.

"I love this so much," he mutters, his extremely deep and slightly cracking morning voice soothing you up even more, "I love you."

You smile, your heart racing and pounding inside your chest. "I love you so much."

-

You awaken from what seemed like a trance that you wanted to escape regardless how much it made you feel safe and at ease. If only you can beg for Taehyung to get out of your mind, even just for a second.

You sigh, your fingers lightly tugging at your own hair as you close your eyes in frustration. "I'm the fucking worst."

"I'm the fucking worst," you mouth repeatedly as you hit at your own head with your wrist.

You nibble at you lip, looking at one of the vacant tables in the cafe. You close your eyes as you hear Taehyung's voice again echo inside your head.

"Hot chocolate. Got it."

You clench you jaw, your lips tight. How could you possibly get him of your headspace? You try closing your eyes, but it only gets worse as that makes you see him. His image, all cozied up with his cup of latte and his phone and a thick scarf around his neck.

You open your eyes again, only to feel oddly disappointed that he wasn't there. You look at your watch, your foot lightly in a rhythm.

"I'm the fucking worst," you mouth repeatedly. You're probably already looking like an idiot and getting a lot of stares and attention in the cafe as you hit your wrist again and again on the side of your head. "I'm the fucking worst."

"No you're not." You freeze, hearing a voice from beside you. "Stop hitting yourself, you look like an idiot," he mocks, snickering.

You shift your gaze to the side, finally seeing who you so strangely wanted to see - just who you were waiting for. Taehyung.