Chapter 9: Take me to the stars

A few days after that night, and you still haven't told anyone

A few days after that night, and you still haven't told anyone. The both of you haven't really fully moved on yet, though he seems to be the only one good at hiding his feelings. You, on the other hand, feel like you're being crushed by the curiosity.

You remember how your life was when you first met him back when you were 15. You felt so different, like everyone couldn't treat you like how they treat anyone else. You were practically new meat in the whole country. You felt so small, being that shy half-breed girl from the United States, clueless of everything that surrounds you.

If only you have a rewind button, you'd definitely go back to when everything was nothing, to when you were just another mediocre new student, and Taehyung was just another one of your so-so classmates, back to when he was in love with another girl.

But you can't go back in time. No matter how much you wanted to, you can't.

"Hey," he calls, noticing how you suddenly became quiet, "Earth to Y/N," he giggles cutely.

You smile, looking at Taehyung who sat on the other side of the table, the little stove on the middle of the table still sizzled with meat, though you both know that the two of you are too full to finish everything that's left.

"Tae, is this a date?" you utter mindlessly, tilting your head to the side. At this point, it feels easier to talk to him. It's like you don't mind being around him at all, and pretending is becoming easier especially when you both laugh at everything when you're alone. "Are we friends?"

He smiles. "Are we?"

"Yes."

"Question answered," he says, brows wiggling once, "I won't really consider this a date though. We're both trying to get along, and hang out without it being considered dating. I, well, want to be your friend. They say it's impossible for exes to stay friends, yet they also say nothing's impossible."

You agree to his statement, shrugging up one of your shoulders. You smile, and he smiles back.

"I want to go somewhere," you feel stupid for requesting him this, but being so bloated literally makes you want to pass out and sleep, but you don't really want to sleep, "Let's go somewhere, Tae."

He chuckles, signing to a waiter to get the bill. He looks at you again, "Where exactly do you want me to take you? It's literally 8pm."

"The stars."

He laughs, brows meeting, "That's so cheesy-and-cliche-romantic-movie-ish," he states, taking money out of his wallet as the bill arrives at the table, "I like it."

A playful smile makes its way on to your face.

Soon enough, the two of you were already jamming inside the car, with all the windows and the sunroof opened while driving though the dark, quiet roads. He stops the car at the parking lot of a small convenient store, opening the door at his side and steps out.

You're still bloated and sleepy, yet you're having the most fun you've ever had for some time now.

You giggle to yourself, watching him go inside the convenient store to fetch a few cans of beer as wait lazily for him to return.

When he does though, he doesn't go back inside the car. Instead, he walks towards the back of the vehicle and opens the trunk, making you groan in realization that he isn't coming back inside. You step out as well, following along.

You see him sitting in the opened trunk with a can of unopened beer in his hand. He chuckles at the sight of you.

Raising a brow, you smirk, crossing your arms in front of your chest. "What's this?"

He taps at the space beside him, signaling you to sit down, which you did. "Well," he starts, a simper forming on his lips as he opens the can and hands it to you, "You said you wanted to go to the stars. Unfortunately, I can't do that, but the best I can do is to have you look at them."

With a tight smile, you watch him opening his own can of beer. "I'm sleepy."

"Yeah, I know," he nods, looking up the crystal-like stars that sprinkled on the dark sky, shining and glamming up the black canvas like rhinestones, "You tend to feel that way when you're full."

"I want to ask you something," you utter quietly, scooting closer to him as you drink from your can, "How did you know RJ?"

He purses his lips, turning his gaze towards you, "We're still talking about him?"

You shrug. "Just tell me."

"Let's just say he and I knew each other ever since we were younger back in Daegu. He was my friend, not so much of a good one though."

You look away, slowly gazing up the stars. He did as well, until both of you go silent for a while, just gazing up the stars, admiring them.

All of a sudden he speaks. "You know, you really have to move on from him," he states, "Just let go."

You let out a pained fake laugh. "If only it were that easy."

"Then use me," he says, making you turn your head to him probably a bit too quick, "I'll show you how much better other guys are than him, how much he's not worth it for you."

"What?" you say, dumbfounded, "You want me to fall in love with you? to replace him with you?"

"No, not that," he pouts, shaking his head cutely, "I'll just help you move on. He's a cheater, boo."

Worst excuse ever, Kim Taehyung, he scolds himself mentally.

"And you're a quitter," you hiss jokingly, making him roll at his eyes, "I don't want to fall for you again."

"Psh," he laughs, "You're not going to fall for me, okay? And I'll make sure you won't."

"I'm worried," you say with a joking manner, although you mean it with all honesty, "I might," you say, barely even above a whisper, as you look up the stars again.

"If you do, we'll worry about it later. Let's focus on what is up now. Let's not worry about the things that aren't happening tonight, Y/N," he sighs, giving you a look that was clearly saying that he was certain that you've had enough of everything, of aching. From the corner of your eye, you see his jaw clench, and then a quiet chuckle comes after. "Let's," he continues, "not fall in love."

You let a yawn escape your lips before looking back at him again. "And how the fuck do you think you can help me?"

Your eyes suddenly feels heavier and heavier, the tiredness taking over you more and more.

"Well," he says, closing the gap between your bodies, "I can start by doing this." He lifts up his right hand, gently putting your head on his shoulder.

A/N:

I don't rlly like this chapter so much, but whatever haha. My Christmas break is coming, so I'll have more time to publish stuff. Enjoy your Christmas, u guys! I wuv y'all mwa!!!!