Chapter 39: Hurt less

[this song kinda fits with the vibe of this chapter, and I'm honestly kinda living for it]

It was hard for her, seeing everyone hurting and breaking over the very much unfortunate accident

It was hard for her, seeing everyone hurting and breaking over the very much unfortunate accident. For some reason, Kaira feels so greatly guilty for what happened to Taehyung, and for holding herself back when she knew that she should've talked to you earlier when you were all at the scene of the car crash.

Her mind was pretty much scarred with everything that she had seen going on - the wrecked car, the bloody seat, the shattered glass. But the detail that she knew she could never get rid of in her mind is the sight of many the sad, crying faces. Taehyung's mom, Taehyung's friends, Taehyung's girlfriend - everyone he deeply cared about was there, crying over him.

Watching as Seokjin's swollen eyes finally completely shut, she fonds at the sight of him sleeping peacefully as he spoons Yuan in his arms. The little boy, who was once confused over why Seokjin was in tears, was now also deep in slumber, leaving Kaira the only one who's awake.

It was only six in the afternoon, quite a lot of time before Yuan's initial bedtime. The sky was still vaguely lit by the sun that was already slowly starting to set. Knowing that she still has quite a bit of time, she starts to internally argue with herself if she should check up on you.

She just couldn't bear with acting like everything is alright between the two of you, she knows she's done things that she shouldn't have. But with everything that's going on, she knew that what you needed is a shoulder, not another problem.

Reaching over to gently comb her fingers through Seokjin's hair, she stands up at the side of the bed, eyeing the man and his son. She leans over and puckers her lips against Yuan's forehead, smiling as the boy flinches a little against her touch.

Finally coming to a decision, Kaira stands up straight, sighing as she steps out the room, closing the door behind her with barely any sound. She rubs her face with her palms once more, trying to assure herself that nothing could go wrong. She's just coming over to check up on you, right?

Walking out the house, she makes sure that the front door is locked. Kaira just hopes that her mind focuses on what she needs to focus on while driving, and that she'll know exactly what to say once she's finally face to face with you.

-
.

Kaira was just standing there for the past minute, her hand curled up into a fist and hovering against your front door. She still wasn't sure of what to say, or if she even made the right decision of coming here. She might not actually be ready to see you,

but the truth that she was only about to know is that you were the one who's not really ready to see her.

As she was just about to knock, the door opens and reveals an the vexed woman, who was not at all who she had expected, standing in front of her.