Chapter 3: Silly, sad boy

"It was bad, Ally," you say through tight lips, "It was really, really bad. But it was fine."

"Do you know how proud I am of you? You are the bitch, Y/N. But you should've said and done more and I know that you know that," she says, leaning closer to her mirror as she applies her make up.

"Anyway," you sigh, letting your back fall completely on her bed while your feet were left touching the floor, "what now?" Your palms cover your face, eyes closing as you hear her turn around.

"Does your heart hurt?"

"Of course, Alyzza. It's not like I'd be immediately fully healed." It's true. Although you knew that you were already falling out of love even in the middle of our relationship when he first started cheating, you still held onto him for a few months before completely letting him go. You know it's not anymore because you love him, but because you loved the feeling, the comfort, the attention he gives me when there's no other girl. Maybe your grip was too tight on his promises, on the rare times when it was just the two of you.

You don't regret having him in my life, because you know you loved him, you just don't know if he ever did love you back. But you don't wish he was here or that he'd come back, because of, well, of everything.

"Then start dating again."

"It's only been a week, Ally. What the fuck do you want me to do? What do you think people will think? What do you think he would say?"

"Gee, Y/N. Stop giving too many fucks about others and zero to yourself, alright," she turns around, walking towards her table where containers of make up stood. She grabs a tube of lipstick and goes back to the mirror. "How about listening and thinking about yourself for once, yeah? What would you want to do."

You shrug, sitting back up on the bed again.

What do I want to do?

"Get a guy who'll treat me right," you sigh, your fingers tracing the pattern on her bedding, "An actual serious relationship."

"Exactly. You want to start dating again. Go back in the game, Y/N. You know how good you are with guys."

"Wow, yeah. My first boyfriend left me, and the second one cheated. I really am good with guys, huh?" you say sarcastically, chuckling, "They all played me, even Taehyung who I once thought I'd marry."

She gasps frantically and turns around with lipstick half applied. "That is it! That thought could still happen, you know?"

"Woah, woah, easy there, miss. I'm not desperate, especially not for him."

"Take some time off. Go play. You're free and single, no one's holding you back from having a snack," she winks, "I know that you don't want to get into a relationship with a guy that you know you don't want to stay with forever, but don't just go and expect a forever type of relationship with someone that you know couldn't handle it. By someone I mean RJ, by the way."

"Wow, so Taehyung is an exception?"

"We both know the guy, Y/N. He's great. He never cheated, and when you two have fights, they're because of both of you, not just him. He never gave you so much pain in the butt, Y/N," she says, leaning towards the mirror to continue applying her make up, "Heck, I was so surprised when he left. That's the only time he made you feel that much sadness, when everything went downhill and he suddenly disappeared. I mean, we both know he's an actual man, not just a silly, sad boy."