Chapter 20: What the fuck?

[46 minutes before Jimin throws a punch

[46 minutes before Jimin throws a punch...]

He looks straight. He looks straight to his sister. He walks straight toward his sister, making sure to avoid the people who were dancing. Stopping right in front of Chaeyoung, Jimin keeps his hands behind his back.

His face is blank, expressionless. Only until he is standing before her that he shows the sweet smile of his. He nods at her mindlessly as her eyes gawks with shock and vexation at his own.

She looks annoyed, for sure, but there's only a little part of her heart that feels so. She is mostly elated to see him standing afore her. She wanted to hold him so bad, she wanted to tell him how happy she is that he's okay and smiling.

However, she tries so hard to let the annoyed part of her win her over, hoping she'd succeed. She doesn't want to look like she had missed him, like she was happy to see him, which she almost completely is.

"Why are you here?" was what she had said first, not even greeting him, not even asking him how he was feeling now. Crossing her arms in front of her chest, she waits for an answer from her brother.

He smiles, bigger, gentler, more sincere.

"I love you, Chae," he speaks out, making her expression finally fall, her face now gentler and eyes looking away. "I have no shoot. My schedule's clear for the day. The only plan I have to attend to is to go here. You're my sister, and I'm your date. I'm so sorry for turning you down."

She swallows, looking back over at him. "Okay," she says bluntly, her heart pounding and now feeling like she needs to run away from there, "But you can't be my date. I already have one."

Jimin purses his lips at that, all the excitement leaving from his face. He already has a pretty good guess who it could be, and why he can't see him anywhere.

"Is it Taehyung?" he asks mindlessly, his eyes shifting away from Chaeyoung's and over her head, "Why isn't he here?"

"Taehyung's been with me all night. He just left for a second."

Jimin's face frowns, looking around as he hears the music change to a slower, more gentle music. Some of the people from the crowded dancefloor were groaning as they walk back to their chair. However, the some that stayed are now dancing in two's.

Jimin looks at Chaeyoung, almost snorting. "A slow dance? Why?"

"People love it," she answers back, rolling her eyes as she can see her brother obviously holding back a laugh.

Jimin smiles, chuckling. "Come, I'll dance with you until Tae gets back."

-

"Tae, go back," you say instantly as you see him walk to the garden as well. You don't assume, but you know that he was there for one reason only — you. "Spend time with your date. Give her the night."