Chapter 28: I love you. Both of you.

Seokjin licks at his lips, a small smile creeping up at his face as he eyes Yuan who slept adorably. His eyes twinkle, watching as Kaira pulls the blanket higher over the boy's shoulders.

She swallows, walking over to Seokjin who stood quietly by the door frame. Kaira approaches him, initially wanting to offer the man to take a look at the boy, maybe to sweep his hair back, kiss at his forehead, or just take a look at him.

That wasn't what Seokjin had in mind, though. He instantly pulls Kaira into his arms as soon as she got close enough, taking her by surprise.

She sighs, her mind finally wrapping around what he might be feeling. She wraps her arms around the man's waist as well, caressing her hands down his back. "I'm sorry," she says gently.

Seokjin just buries his face into her hair even more, tightening his arms around her. He could swear that he would've started weeping then and there, seeing how much he had missed, knowing how Yuan never knew his father.

She, who he's hugging right now, is the same woman who took away almost three years of his chance of being a father to the little boy. He's furious and dejected, sure, but he's mostly happy that now he finally gets that chance.

Or maybe he doesn't. Maybe the kid's not his.

"Don't take Yuan away from me again, please," he lets out through stifled and anguished and wrenching sobs, "let me raise him with you."

She sighs, pulling away. She caresses the man's cheeks as she looks at him deeply, tracing every inch of his face. Her thumbs wipe at the teardrop that rolled down slowly, missing the feeling of his soft skin. "I won't, I promise."

"I won't let you go this time, Kaira, the both of you," he swears. He means it more than he knows how to show. He had once let her go and it didn't do any good for the both of them.

Jin was tired of feeling like shit, blaming himself like it was all his fault that Yuan lived the first two years of his life without a father.

He takes a glance at the little boy, peacefully sleeping, once more before looking back at Kaira. He clenches his jaw, letting out words he didn't know he was actually going to say until he said it. "I love you."

It took him by surprise too, probably more than it did to the woman. They stare at each other for a while before one finally makes a move that the other completely agreed with.

Seokjin fills the gap between their faces, his lips claiming hers. She didn't immediately kiss back as a thought continues to disturb her and cloud her mind.

I love him, but this feels so wrong.

She stays still, not frozen - still. Her heart thumps inside her chest as she just tries to ignore the obstacle that was keeping her from kissing Seokjin back.