Chapter 34: I'm an uncle

His heart felt like it was beating faster than his car. Driving as he looks around the greens and the fields and the structures that he had only seen once before. He never thought he'd be this happy over a plan that had gone wrong, an error that didn't go as he hoped.

He could almost feel it, he could almost see it.

Home.

Hoseok never thought he'd ever want to go back home after all the shit he felt there. After all, that's where he has somebody, anybody. He decides that he's finally ready to talk, to say what he feels, to tell her what he had suddenly started feeling.

Little did he know the fun little thing his two friends did while he was away. Little did he know how much hurting he is about to face again when he decides to look a little closer to home, how much regret he'd be feeling for even thinking about coming back.

For now, clueless and oblivious, Hoseok smiles, trying yo keep himself positive about getting his life back. It made him feel crazy, not being able to feel the comforts of his bed in one and a half month.

Deep inside though, he's so anxious, hoping that nothing has changed but his mindset, that he'll actually try to be fine, and that he'll find what he's looking for.

-
.

"Yuan," Taehyung answers coldly, though his heart pounds heavily inside his chest hoping he doesn't get the answer he doesn't want, "tell me everything I need to know."

Once again, same setting, same woman, same feelings. Unfortunately, he's also holding the same grudge as he did when he first came to talk to her, with the same weight he keeps in his heart, the same question troubling his mind.

Kaira sighs, returning Taehyung's cold and blank stare. They act like two strangers that were forced to sit in one table, as if they had never known each other for years because of Jin, as if they never joked around with each other before, as if they never experienced holding each other tight, sleeping on the same bed.

They feel like they aren't the same people anymore, that there's no rebuilding that bond, there's nothing that can make it all right, there's no taking it all back.

Because, technically, there isn't.

Pursing her lips as she rehearses internally what she's going to say, she fidgets with her fingers under the table. "Well," she starts, trying to keep her voice from shaking from the intimidating aura that surrounded the man, "I had him while I was in my hometown."

She looks away, trying to avoid Taehyung's persistent gaze. "He's only two but he's already so smart and talkative. We weren't really supposed to get tangled up with all of you again, but he accidentally met Seokjin in front of a cafe," she pauses, licking at her lips as she nods mindlessly to herself, "and he kept in touch ever since."