Chapter 7: Waking the beauty

After leaving the school for the day Anika quickly led Mat to the safe house. They went inside and to someone asleep on the bed. "Manny we're here" stated Mat quietly. Manny woke up and sat up before hugging them. "It's ok we made sure to keep the promise" added Mat. Manny gestured to his phone on the nearby table and Anika grabbed it before handing it over. He opened it and typed something before pressing the microphone, "d͛o͛e͛s͛ a͛n͛y͛o͛n͛e͛ k͛n͛o͛w͛ a͛b͛o͛u͛t͛ m͛e͛?" The duo looked at him.

"We only have told Nikita and Safiya, the people that originally assigned us the mission to find you" responded Anika. "However, we did rescue another friend of yours, Joey" added Mat. Manny gasped feeling tears brim in his eyes. He shakily typed something before doing the same thing, "I͛ h͛e͛a͛r͛d͛ h͛e͛ w͛a͛s͛ m͛i͛s͛s͛i͛n͛g͛, y͛o͛u͛ g͛u͛y͛s͛ g͛o͛t͛ h͛i͛m͛ b͛a͛c͛k͛?". The duo nodded on that statement before Anika added " w-we haven't had t-the same luck w-with Daniel". Manny frowned looking away. "There's something else on your mind, what is it?" Asked mat. Manny looked sadly at them and typed something else.

He pressed the microphone, "I͛ k͛n͛o͛w͛ I͛'m͛ s͛t͛u͛c͛k͛ l͛i͛k͛e͛ t͛h͛i͛s͛ f͛o͛r͛ n͛o͛w͛ b͛u͛t͛ c͛a͛n͛ I͛ p͛l͛e͛a͛s͛e͛ s͛e͛e͛ h͛i͛m͛ a͛n͛d͛ a͛n͛y͛o͛n͛e͛ e͛l͛s͛e͛ f͛r͛o͛m͛ t͛h͛e͛ e͛v͛e͛r͛l͛o͛c͛k͛ i͛n͛c͛i͛d͛e͛n͛t͛?". " I͛ j͛u͛s͛t͛ w͛a͛n͛t͛ t͛o͛ a͛s͛s͛u͛r͛e͛ I͛'m͛...I͛ g͛u͛e͛s͛s͛ k͛i͛n͛d͛a͛ o͛k͛ u͛n͛t͛i͛l͛ I͛'m͛ f͛u͛l͛l͛y͛ f͛r͛e͛e͛d͛" it said. Anika looked at mat since he'd know more then her. "Well I don't know where most of the others are, but we can see about getting Nikita, Safiya, Joey and Rosanna" stated Mat. Manny was stunned hearing Rosanna's name and looked at mat. "Yeah she's actually one of the teachers at the academy Anika and I attend, she heads the baker classes" responded Mat. Manny smiled a bit because that sounded awesome. Anika giggled a bit and looked.

"We better get back before anyone is suspicious but we'll talk with Joey and Rosanna to have them along with Nikita and Safiya come here" added Anika. Manny nodded and waved slightly to say bye while the duo said bye and left. Once they got back they relaxed in the dorm. The others soon returned and looked at them. "How did you two get back so fast?" Asked Shane. "We have our w-ways" added Anika. The others took their spots with Joey awkwardly sitting down. "This is still so weird for me" stated Joey.

"Well we did just barely rescue you so that's understandable" added Meghan. Joey nodded a bit and Ilene assured him to relax. The next day during Rosanna's class, mat and Anika knew they had to talk to her and Joey. Luckily Ilene was in the class too so that made it easy. When it was dismissal time mat asked Joey if he could stick around for a moment. Ilene and Meghan looked confused over it but Joey said "it's ok I'll catch up". The duo nodded and left rejoining the rest of the team. Mat walked down to Rosanna who raised an eyebrow.

" Where's Joey, Anika and mat? " asked Aaron. "Apparently they needed to stay behind and talk to professor Ro about something responded Meghan. Alexia and Jack looked at each other before Jack said "Anika and mat have been acting really suspicious ever since the day professor Dragun told them to stay behind in her class for some reason". The others agreed on it and plan to confront them when they get back to the dorm. Back in Rosanna's classroom both Rosanna and Joey looked at Anika and Mat confused. " what's the problem that you need both of us for? " asked Joey. Mat cleared his throat a bit. "Do you both remember when we had to go to Everlock?" He asked.

The duo turned pale in fear. "Don't remind me... It's lucky I had help in getting out of that horrible place and revived from the dead, except leaving me with a little bit of wiccan abilities" stated Rosanna scared. Joey was shocked hearing that part. "How did you get witch powers?" He asked. "Same way I got back my dark side Madpat I'm guessing, the cursed artifacts" responded Mat. Joey couldn't believe his ears and wanted to cry over screwing up so horribly. "L-look, the point is... Nikita and s-safiya asked us t-to find Manny, and w-we did, h-he wants t-to see you" stuttered Anika. That made the duo go silent and grin.