No Names

Lana💗

I sit down at the bar after a long and tiring day. It's a hotel bar, but it was the nearest bar I could find around here. I could really use a drink after the past week and following days I've had and will have.

Tomorrow my mother get's brain surgery after traveling from doctor to doctor all over the country until we landed at one right in our own city. Ridiculous. In the end, we found Dr. Fate. The only person who was able to help. I wish I could say it was 'fate' that we found him, but I've never met him and after all the doctors we've went to he better actually be worth it.

Tonight my intentions are to drink enough that I can forget how stressful my life seems to be right now. Just because your mother has a brain tumor doesn't mean your professors stop assigning work or your boss doesn't continuously overload you with work. How does everyone else get to call out with a dumb excuse while I get called in to cover theirs while my mother sits in a hospital bed? Bullshit if you ask me.

Looking around the bar for the bartender, my eyes land one someone way more appealing. His dark blue suit seems to fit his body perfectly, accentuating his broad shoulders. His defined features of a strong, sharp jawline and perfect cheekbones make him interesting to look at. I watch the way he licks his thick, full lips and continue to drag my gaze over his nose and up to his eyes that are as blue as the waters in Fiji. Blue eyes that are watching me as well. Finishing my superficial scan of his features, I admire the way his dirty blonde curls sit perfectly untamed atop of his head.

Then I quickly avert my gaze as to not stare for too long. But my eyes get the best of me as they move back to the spot he sat to find him gone. It's for the better, I think to myself just before I feel a large hand rest against my back, stealing my attention.

Immediately I turn to find the man I was previously staring at. He towers over me and I take in his presence: safe yet threatening. It's a complete juxtaposition, but I like it. Very odd and intriguing. Authority emanates off of him only to be sedated by a perfect smile and softened features created from genuineness.

He's gorgeous.

"Is this seat taken?" He asks, his voice low and smooth with a tinge of huskiness.

Why on earth would he be talking to me? But I have to give him an answer. So I nod, unable to form words until I see the look of disappointment over his expression and actually realize how I answered. Quickly, I blurt out the word 'no', shaking my head vehemently.

He only chuckles and sits in the empty barstool next to me. My pulse kicks into overdrive as I look at the man next to me. Tan skin glowing under the lights of the dimly lit bar and an intoxicating scent of something I can't explain. He pulls me out of my thoughts when he speaks again.

"Do you come here often?" He asks.

Typical. I thought a guy like him would have better pick up lines. Apparently my thoughts slip out of my mouth and causes him to laugh.

"A guy like me?" He asks, leaning closer. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing," I mumble, avoiding eye contact.

"You already said it, you kind of have to tell me what it means."

I shrug and look back up to him as he watches me intently, the hidden smile evident in his eyes. "I just thought that someone with your looks and stature would have better pick up lines."

"So you're calling me handsome?" He asks, his lips revealing his smirk.

I smile and rest my hand on my propped up elbow. "I guess."