Aria's Back

Lana💗

When I got home that evening, I took a shower, changed, and completed my homework before getting started on dinner. I decide to cook chicken parmesan, then watch Netflix until Ashton comes over.

Around 10 I get a text that he is on his way up. A few minutes later he steps through the doors and places a kiss to the back of my neck before walking into the kitchen.

"Did you cook?" He calls out. "I'm starving."

Standing to my feet, I follow him into the kitchen and wrap my arms around his neck, kissing his delicious lips. "I kept it warm in the oven for you."

"Mmm, you're amazing," he groans, picking me up and setting me on the counter.

Casually I watch him as he navigates his way around the kitchen and pulls out a fork and plate before pulling the dish out of the oven. When he's done, he places the plate next to me and places his hands on both sides of my waist. Then he kisses my forehead.

Next my nose.

Then my lips.

I smile and kiss him back, flicking my tongue against his lips. This man makes me happy, but I no longer think my attraction to him is unhealthy. If anything he seem's like the healthiest relationship I've ever had with a man who isn't my family. I definitely do not classify my relationships with Easton and Alex as healthy, but they've become idiots that I love...Platonically.

Wrapping my legs around Ashton's waist I pick up his fork and slide his pasta onto it before feeding it to him. Serving after serving, I feed him as he tells me about his day and I tell him about mine until the food is all gone.

I learn that he performed two surgeries and had three consultations, had sex with his girlfriend and ran into his ex. That was a detail that he quickly brushed over and even though I was curious I let it go because all I wanted to do was take him to bed. We can talk about the ex later.

After hopping off the counter, I place a kiss to his cheek and tell him to wash his dishes before meeting me in my room. Then I strip off my clothes to reveal the lace bodysuit I slipped on. Honestly I have no idea why I put it on when he definitely doesn't deserve it after making me miss one of my classes.

But I think I deserve to get what I want, so I wait for him to enter and watch the handsome smirk on his face before he closes the door and climbs into bed with me. And that night I get everything that I want.

~

Less than 6 hours later I wake up to find Ashton rushing around the room, slipping on his clothes. It's 5 in the morning why is he awake.

"Baby? Why are you awake? I thought you didn't have to go in until 7."

He sighs and walks over to the bed, sitting down next to me as he puts on his shoes. "I was trying not to wake you up."

Chuckling, I sit up and wrap my arms around his waist. "Why? Are you trying to sneak off to see your ex?"

He turns to me with furrowed brows then pulls me into his lap. "Aria is back in the hospital."

Immediately, I shove off of him and pull on my shorts and shirt from last night. Was he seriously just going to sneak out and not tell me that Aria was back in the hospital? But I guess he couldn't. Does patient confidentiality apply to this?

I barely have my shoes on when my phone rings. Who calls this early?

The caller ID reads Magnolia and I already know what the call is for. I put the phone on speaker as I slip on my other shoe and pull my messy hair up into a ponytail. She informs me that Lana had a seizure this morning and gives me the full details as Ashton brushes his teeth in the bathroom.

Apparently she was working out with Ken and started to have a seizure. Ken is freaking out. After telling her that I'll be there soon, I hang up and go to the bathroom to brush my own teeth as Ashton kisses my cheek and runs out. A few minutes later, I'm grabbing my keys and heading out the door.

Today was a day I was supposed to go to work, but I think they'll understand. Besides I'm ahead of schedule and I'll make up the lost time.

When I get to the hospital I head to where Magnolia said they are and find her and Ken waiting. Ken paces back and forth outside of the room. When he spots me all he does is point into the room and I rush in to find Aria laying in bed.

"Hey Babe!"

"Lana!" She exclaims.

I walk up to her bed and kiss the top of her head.

"She wouldn't go until you got here," Magnolia sighs. "Thank you for getting here so fast."

Gently I push Lana's hair out of her face and kiss her cheek. "Now you have to let them take you into surgery."

She nods and they quickly roll her out. Magnolia turns to me and pulls me into a hug. "I don't know what I would do without you. I'm freaking out because my baby just had a seizure and Ken is freaking out because he thinks it's his fault but they were barely doing anything, she just really wanted to..."

She breaks down in tears and I hold her closer. "How about I stop by my place pick up my laptop and then go get us some breakfast? I know you guys are probably just as hungry as I am."

She nods and squeezes me again before releasing me. When I step out I still find Ken pacing. Walking up to him I grab his arms and hold him still before looking up into his eyes.

"Ken it's not your fault. If anything it's a good thing you were there with her because what if it happened when she was alone in her room and you weren't there to catch it. Don't beat yourself up, Ken, be there for your wife."

He nods and releases a breath. "You're a smart kid."

I laugh and pat his shoulder. "I'll be back with waffles bacon and eggs. Anything else in mind?"

"Sounds good, thank you."

With a nod I leave them and the hospital rushing home to get my laptop and other things I will need to complete my work. Then I decide to take a shower and change into more appropriate clothes that aren't sleep shorts and a baggy shirt.

Once I finish everything and ensure that I have everything I need I make my way back to the hospital. But I don't make it there. I saw it coming and there was nothing I could do as the person runs straight through the stop sign. I brace myself for impact and less than two seconds later I feel the rough jolt of my body as the car connects with my passenger side. Next thing I remember seeing is the inside of an ambulance.