Lies

Lana💗

I wait on the bed, legs crossed as I watch Ashton slip on his clothes. He's so handsome in his blue shorts and cotton button down shirt. I look down at my pink dress.

"Baby, are you sure my outfit is okay?"

He chuckles and grabs my calf, pulling me into him. "You look so gorgeous, Bambi."

I grumble and push him off, standing to my feet. He laughs and pulls me back then places a gentle kiss to my nose. "You're perfect. And you are all mine."

"Thank you."

I place another kiss to his soft lips. When I begin to pull back he deepens it, dragging his fingers over my hips and to the hem of my dress. His begins a damp trail of kisses down my neck forcing a moan past my lips even though getting turned on is the last thing I need or want right now.

Reluctantly, I push him off stepping away from him before this can go any further. It's obvious neither one of us have restraint when it comes to keeping our hands off one another. A groan comes from Ashton's but he doesn't protest, understanding my rejection to his affection.

Together we finish getting ready then head downstairs where his family set up in the backyard as caterers move through the house. We are downstairs for three seconds before Ashton and I are separated to help prepare for the evening.

It's around 2:00 when people begin to arrive, which is perplexing to me seeing as the party isn't officially supposed to start for another hour. Nevertheless, they filter into the huge backyard more and more people coming as the time passes.

The second more people started to arrive Ashton found me and hasn't left my side since. I don't blame him, some athletes have no chill when it comes to blatantly flirting with a woman in front of her boyfriend. I guess most of them are used to females falling at their feet, but this female definitely will not.

We are talking with Tye and another one of his friends when I hear a shrill girly scream. "ASHY!"

Ashton's grip on my side tightens and I turn to see the woman who called out to him as she approaches.

"Hey Taylor," he deadpans.

She pulls him into a hug as his arm stays wrapped around my waist. It was very weird and I can only assume she didn't notice me. But she eventually does when she turns to me and frowns.

"This is my girlfriend, Lana," Ashton introduces.

"Hi," I greet, holding my hand out to her out of politeness. She doesn't take it so I pull back and lace my fingers back through Ashton's.

He chuckles and bends down to me, whispering in my ear, "You probably wouldn't want to shake her hand anyways."

I stifle a laugh and knock his side at the implication. Our moment is ruined when Taylor once again touches Ashton and speaks up. "I'm Taylor, Ashton's last girlfriend."

Laughing, I gently take her hand off Ashton.

"You're an ex," Ashton retorts. "Lana is my last."

Yet, you've still yet to say I love you back.

I don't know why that stupid though pops into my head. I thought my insecurities about a relationship with Ashton were gone, but as I look at the woman in front of me the stupid monster rears its ugly head. I don't like it and I know I shouldn't be giving her this power, but I can't help it.

"Taylor is an ex of mine and Tye's." Ashton clears up.

Interesting.

"Family friend?"