Not that bad

Lana💗

When we enter the backyard Dad announces that we can all eat. I really hope they weren't waiting on us. How long were we even up there?

After saying grace with the family Ashton and I sit with my siblings and cousins at a table. They don't miss the way he pulls out my chair for me, but he does miss the glare I send him, or maybe he just chooses to ignore it.

My sister, Stephanie, smirks as she leans over on her elbows. "You guys were gone for a minute."

I choose to ignore her curiosity as I shove grilled chicken into my mouth. Ashton does the exact opposite.

"I mean no offense but your sister is terrible at minding her own business. I decide to confront her on speaking about my personal business that I confided to her."

Innocently I move my left hand to his thigh and look up at him. "I apologized."

The satisfaction I get from his jaw tightening is enough to make me horny again. He's so hot, but I really need to distract myself from that or it may get very obvious how much I like the man.

Thankfully Eric changes the subject by asking Ashton to tell us about himself. I just really wish Eric had chosen a different subject. We already know enough about him, he's Mom's doctor and has a friend with benefits.

"I graduated high school at 16. I went to college on a full ride. After, I joined the Army for 6 years and it helped pay for my med school."

The army?

"I really wanted to become a doctor and my family wasn't rich. I stayed with my alcoholic aunt after my parents died. Mom of a brain tumor and Dad from an aneurysm. My grandmother had amnesia and forgot who I was a long time ago. My last year of high school my aunt died in a car accident. She blew away all the money my parents left for me and if it wasn't for the scholarship I would be in a lot of debt."

Underneath the table I slip my fingers through his and give them a slight squeeze. He squeezes back, running his fingers over my knuckles. I don't think this is just a casual thing anymore. I literally have the perfect guy right next to me and I'm holding him at arms length. Well maybe not physically.

"What is one of your favorite surgeries?" My cousin, Tiffany, asks.

He chuckles and wraps hand around my wrist, rubbing his fingers along my slightly elevated pulse. His touch isn't helping.

"Well other than Mrs. Davis..." He laughs and so does everyone else at the table. "One of my favorite surgeries was a man who was paralyzed from the waist down after a previous brain surgery he had at another hospital. He came in one day after falling and hitting his head while trying to get into his wheel chair. We did a scan and found a brain bleed. We fixed his brain bleed and after surgery he was bumped against his leg and said he could feel it. We did tests and he had regained some feeling in his legs."

I love the obvious passion as he talks. A part of me feels like I could listen to his stories for hours. The other part is freaking out about how much I like the man.

He continues his story. "A year later of lots of physical therapy he came into the hospital in a wheelchair. He asked for me and when I got there her stood up and walked up to me. It was an amazing moment."

"That's amazing," Eric gasps.

I must agree.

My cheeks hurt from my uncontrollable smiling. I honestly don't think the prescription is working because my attraction to him only feels to have gotten unhealthier.

Undoing our hands, Ashton stands to his feet and grabs my plate before grabbing his own and offering to take the others. When he goes to dispose of them my sister immediately turns to me with a smirk on her face.

"You like him, don't you?"

Immediately I get defensive. Not the best reaction. "I don't like Dr. Fate, I hardly know him. Besides he seems like a man whore."

My brother scoffs. "Lana you are a terrible liar."

Rolling my eyes, I quickly stand to my feet and make my way over to where Dad stands, talking to Ashton. The second I arrive he tells us that he will give us our alone time with a not so subtle wink. What am I going to do with my family?

Ignoring the broad smile on Ashton's face, I look into the large pool next to us. "Loose the smirk."

He only laughs and cups my cheek, turning me to meet his gaze. Instantly I step out of his grip.

"My family seems to like you," I sigh.

"You say it like it's a bad thing," he replies stepping closer to me.

Once again, I step back. The man is too close and right now is not the appropriate setting for him to be this close. His hand comes out in an attempt to reach my hand, but I pull back. And this time when I pull back, my foot loses contact with the concrete on the side and I loose my balance falling into the pool.

Pushing to the surface, I come up to find Ashton laughing his ass off at me as people stand gathered around, watching. With another chuckle, Ashton squats down by the pool and holds his hand out. I grab it and as he starts to pull me out, I yank him in. Who's laughing now Mister?

Grunting he climbs out of the pool before helping me out and taking the towels Mom currently holds out to us. He wraps it over my shoulders, his sweet gesture having the potential to make me swoon. After making sure I'm taken care of, he strips off his shirt and pulls off his shoes and socks, followed by his shirt.

He guides me over to the lounge chair and sits down next to me. Gently he pushes a wet piece of hair out of my face before laying back in the chair.

Grumbling with false reluctance, I move in between his legs and settle against his chest. "You don't care about your family knowing?"

I tilt my head up to him and run my nose over his jaw. "They already believe something is up. And I want to be in this spot, with you."

He nods and wraps his arms around my waist, holding me closely. "I can do that."

I smile and lace my fingers through his as he rests his head on top of mine. "It's been an eventful day."

"Especially when you had sex with me upstairs," I sigh.

"You should've kept your mouth shut."

Giggling, I kick off my sandals and look up at him. "If I kept my mouth shut it would've been really had for me to suck--"

He shuts me up with a kiss that started out as a gentle peck, but soon turned into one with a little bit of tongue and a lot of passion. Running my fingers through his hair, I tug him closer, biting his lip between my teeth. I can hear my own needy, heavy breathing but I don't care as his hand comes around my throat and he thrusts his tongue into my mouth. I really think I prefer keeping my mouth open.

A low guttural growl leaves his mouth before he pulls back and lays back on the lounge chair, holding me tightly as if I'll disappear. His warm, heavy breathing fans my forehead and I take the moment to calm myself down. I don't miss the way everyone non-subtly stares at us, but I could care less right now. Ashton Fate is mine and this is definitely no longer just casual.

When people start to leave and Ashton and I have dried off, he puts back on his shirt, to my disappointment, and we make our way back over my family who sits around the fireplace. The rest of the night we eat dessert, make s'mores and play games. No one say anything about me and Ashton, but everyone once in a while when Ashton will touch me or talk to me all eyes will fall to us. It's actually kind of funny.

After all the fun and games we clean up and everyone goes their separate ways. Except for one who is currently walking me to my car. "You coming over tonight?" Ashton asks, throwing his arm over my shoulder and pulling me into his side.

"No, I think we had enough for today."

"There's no such thing as enough when it comes to you."

With a goodbye kiss, I tell him to call me tomorrow before climbing into my car and driving off. What am I going to do with this man?

Fuck him.