Only you

Lana💗

For the past 30 minutes Ashton has been talking to me so I don't fall asleep, but I'm so tired.

He's no longer in his scrubs, but now back in his suit and tie. He's so handsome. With his fingers laced through mine, he climbs into bed with me and wraps me up in his arms.

"You're so hot," I sigh placing a kiss to his lips.

Ashton laughs and kisses my forehead. "You're so cute."

I'm in love with the man and I know it. I knew it the moment I spoke to him or at least knew it was a great possibility. The moments I met him, I felt a connection that I still can't explain. When I'm with him I feel everything. Every emotion and possible physical feeling. Butterflies, goosebumps, pleasure, euphoria, fear...

Every touch is electric. Every kiss, transformative. Every whisper, illuminating. Like our souls are connecting in a way it's never done before. Each experience deepens our bond and I can't get the man out of my head.

It's scary as hell. I want to tell him everything and I've probably told him to much. He's beginning to feel like my best friend and I love him. And I have to tell him, just to know if there's a possibility he may love me too or if I'm just wasting my time. He doesn't have to love me now, but I just want to know if it's possible one day.

Turning into Ashton, I cup his face and run my fingers over his sharp jaw. His soft smile turns my insides into mush and the I give him my confession.

"I think I love you."

An indecipherable emotion shows on his face before he chuckles and shakes his head, sitting up to get a better look at me. "Baby are you sure you love me? You have a concussion and honestly your brain could just be flooding with extra chemicals of dopamine and estrogen and oxytocin and vasopressin."

"And all these chemicals are released during a concussion?" I question, curiously.

He shrugs and stands up off the bed. "Head injuries can result in changes in thinking or behavior. It can take weeks or even months to resolve the chemical imbalance in the brain."

I just nod. Maybe it's that...if I've suffered a brain injury for the past week. But I don't get the chance to elaborate on my feelings as my parents enter. Ashton just moves back to the chair next to me and watches silently as my parents approach dwelling on me and assuring that I'm fine.

It's takes a while for me to actually assure them, but eventually they relax. Only minutes after they relax does my worrisome friend come rushing in and up to me.

"Lana my sweet baby!" Alex sighs feeling all over me. "Are you okay?"

Rolling my eyes, I push him off. "I'm fine Alex."

He nods then turns to my parents. "Hey Mom and Dad." They greet him back and now that he is calm he properly greets me, cupping my cheek and placing a soft kiss to my nose. "Hey Babe."

Ashton clears his throat and Alex turns to him. "Sorry, hello Babe's boyfriend."

"Lana," Ashton corrects.

Alex just chuckles and looks at me with a look that questions if Ashton is serious. I give him a look that he is. He nods and sits on the bed next to me, pushing my hair out of my face and observing the bandage.

"Does it hurt?"

I answer truthfully, telling him that it does hurt a little. Then the questioning begins and I answer all of them one by one. What happened? Where did you get hurt at? What if something really bad happened I wouldn't be able to live anymore? If you went into a coma I would've been here ever single day until you woke up.