2

After rescuing Jungkook, Taehyung felt like it was his job to go and check up on him. He walked over to the ambulance, to find Jungkook sitting wearily, leaning against the wall of the ambulance. The paramedics held an oxygen mask over his face and he was slowly reviving. Taehyung couldn't get over the fact that this could be the Jungkook that he was so close to many years ago. When he looked down at him he recognised those doe eyes, and the handsome face.

"Is he going to be alright?" Taehyung asked the paramaedics as they fussed over Jungkook.
"Yes he'll be fine Mr Kim." One of the paramedics replied with a smile. Jungkook groaned and opened his eyes a little wider so that he could see who was standing in front of him. When he met Taehyung's eyes he felt like the person was oddly familiar. He looked at Taehyung's face and squinted. Taehyung knelt down beside him.

"How are you feeling now Mr Jeon?" Tae asked with a smile.
"Lightheaded, but I'm okay. Thank you for saving me. But... do I know you?" Jungkook replied, tilting his head. Taehyung realised now that this actually could be him.
"I've been thinking the same thing." Taehyung replied with a little chuckle, tilting his head in confusion.

"My name is Taehyung, Kim Taehyung." Tae said, looking at Jungkook. Jungkook finally recognised the angelic face and the two dark eyes that were staring back at him. His eyes widened and he smiled.
"No, it can't be!" He exclaimed, getting a little more excited.
"Jeon Jungkook from Fairwood High?" Taehyung asked suddenly, and Jungkook took off the oxygen mask and grinned.

"Taehyung! I can't believe it's you!" He said, hugging him tightly.
"I'm so happy to see you too Kook, but please relax, I don't think your body is ready for this excitement." Tae chuckled a little, and placed the oxygen mask back on Jungkook's face. Jungkook pulled the messy hair from his face and smiled.
"I never thought I'd see you again! Or at least not like this." Jungkook said, looking a little embarrassed. Tae smiled back at him and put his hand on his shoulder.
"I always said I've got your back didn't I?" He said. Jungkook smiled and nodded.
"You're a literal lifesaver Tae."

Taehyung smiled and stood up.
"I'm just doing my job Jungkook. Besides, now I've repaid you for that time when you caught me when I almost fell in the sea."
"I remember that." Jungkook chuckled as he thought back at the memories. Tae started to leave, but Jungkook grabbed his wrist.
"We have to catch up at some point, here." Jungkook said, and he handed Tae a business card with his number on it. Taehyung took it happily and bid goodbye to Jungkook, because unfortunately he had work to take care of. He met up with Jimin by the fire truck.

"Is he alright Taehyung? You put yourself in a lot of danger." Jimin said seriously. Taehyung nodded.
"Yeah, he's okay. I know, but it's my job Jimin. I knew him from school." Tae said with a smile. Jimin's eyes widened.
"Wait, that's the Jeon Jungkook that you always used to talk about?" Jimin asked, looking over at Jungkook.
"Yep. Man I've missed him." Taehyung sighed, leaning against the fire engine.

Jimin raised an eyebrow and smiled at Tae's affectionate look.
"He's very good looking you know." Jimin teased. Taehyung turned around and glared at him.
"Yeah, he is." Taehyung agreed, and Jimin laughed at him.
"I'll back off Tae." He laughed, and Taehyung just wiped his forehead with his sleeve.

"Have you found anyone recently?" He asked his friend, averting the subject slightly. Jimin smiled a little.
"Well there's this one guy who is a local bartender, and I'm going to chat with him tomorrow." Jimin replied, and Taehyung smiled.
"Well I hope it goes well then." He said.
"Thanks Taehyung."
Taehyung had known Jimin for just over four years now, because he originally trained with him. And since then they have been very close friends.

Taehyung hadn't had a boyfriend since a couple of years ago, and that hadn't ended well. He was looking for a boyfriend, but he was also nervous about having one.
'What is Jimin talking about? Well Kook is very handsome, and muscular and- dammit Tae what the he'll are you thinking? He's your best friend!' Tae thought to himself, shaking his head and bringing himself out of his daydream.

The firefighters had done their job, and they were about to leave to review today's work when they got back. The police were going to stay a little while longer, whether it was dark or not, because they had to investigate and secure the premises. They got into the fire truck and started to get back.

"Good job today everyone, everyone was rescued safely." Taehyung announced happily, and they all rejoiced as they drove back.
"Yes, everyone worked very efficiently. But let's give it up for Taehyung, who rescued both a little girl and a police officer today!" The chief said, laughing slightly.
"That's definitely one for the books!" One of his colleagues said. They all laughed before hopping out after they got back to headquarters.

After taking off their suits they got into the lounge upstairs as they still had a few hours left to work. Tae slumped down on the sofa with his colleagues, and Jimin brought in some cakes. They all cheered as they took a cake each and chatted together. The chief came in and smiled.
"Today was stressful, so I hope everyone is doing good." He said, sitting in an armchair in front of them. They all nodded and hummed in agreement.

"What are they going to do about Mr Lee?" Taehyung asked suddenly, and the chief, known as Mr Min, shook his head and sighed. Mr Lee was the Head police officer who sent Jungkook into the collapsing building, knowing that it would be dangerous.
"He will probably end up being fired by the force. This isn't the first time that he's done something that stupid and dangerous." Mr Min hissed.
"He better be fired. He's putting more than just his employees in danger. Take Taehyung for an example!" Another colleague, known as Kyungsoo, said angrily. Tae shook his head and smiled.

"Well I'm sure they'll sort that out between themselves. If we see him again, we can have our say." He stated, and the others hummed in agreement. Taehyung was wearing a thin black T-shirt, and his sleeve rolled up a little, revealing a nasty wound. Jimin noticed it and gasped.

"Ah Taehyung that's bad! How'd that happen?" Jimin said, pointing to it. Taehyung hadn't noticed it and he didn't know what he was talking about.
"What?" Taehyung asked obliviously.
"Your arm is bleeding. I'll get the first aid kit." Sungmin said, standing up from next to Taehyung. Tae looked at his arm and his eyes widened.

"Oh god I didn't realise it was that bad. It must have happened when I was trying to get out with Jungkook and I scraped along the wall." He said.
"Your suit didn't protect you? Well I'm not surprised, there was rubble everywhere." Kyungsoo said, frowning a little. The others looked on, a little concerned. He noticed and smiled.
"It's okay don't worry about it." He said, and the chief sighed and smiled at him.
"And that's why you're the captain, but your health comes first." He said warmly but seriously. Taehyung smiled and nodded, before Sungmin came back in with the first aid kit.

They bandaged Tae's arm before chatting a little while longer.
"Taehyung tell us the details of the rescue! We couldn't see because we were all outside obviously." Jimin said, a little bored. The others all sat up and looked at Taehyung, waiting for him to explain the story.
"Oh yes please tell us! It was rather heroic." Kyungsoo laughed, and Taehyung giggled before sitting back and sighing.

"Okay, so. I ran into the house after we all saw it collapse. It wasn't long before I heard someone shout for help, and I turned the corner to see Mr Jeon on the floor." Tae explained. Sungmin gasped dramatically and they all chuckled a little at him.
"Just call him Jungkook, Taehyung, loosen up a bit." Mr Min said, and Taehyung smiled awkwardly, trying to hide that he was blushing a little.
"Come on! What happened next?" Jimin asked impatiently, and Taehyung sighed.

"I went over to check on him, and realised he had been knocked over by a large amount of rubble. He was conscious and uninjured, but his leg was trapped and he couldn't escape. I tried to remove the rubble as quickly as possible, yet after he was free and we started to make our way out, he began feeling faint. So I picked him up and ran out. It's really not that amazing of a story. But what is weird is that I recognised him from school."  Taehyung laughed, but the others applauded him.
"You know him from school? That's so cool!" Sungmin said.

"Yes but you went in there without second thoughts. That was brave Tae, you could have been seriously injured." Jimin added, and the others nodded. They looked at their watches and realised it was the end of their shift. They greeted the night shift people, before saying goodbye and leaving to go home.