24

Omg 300 votes y'all are really spoiling me 😭🥺💜Thankyou so much for all the feedback and attention on this fanfic I'm actually so blown away TYSM 💜💜💜

                                        •••

"B-But why are you leaving me? After all we've been through together?"
"I'm sorry Jungkook, it's for the best."
Jungkook walked closer to his boyfriend, but his image seemed to get blurrier the closer he got. He ran, tears in his eyes, trying to reach him, but he disappeared into thin air...

"Kookie, baby? Wake up, are you alright?" Taehyung said softly, shaking Jungkook by his shoulder. He was whimpering and crying in his sleep, so Taehyung thought he must be having a nightmare. Jungkook woke up with a start, and he immediately hugged Taehyung the moment he saw him.
"Y-you're still here. Don't l-leave me. P-please don't leave m-me." Jungkook stuttered, sniffling.
"Hey hey, why are you panicking?" Taehyung said softly, placing a gentle hand on the back of the younger's head as he trembled. This wasn't like him at all, and Taehyung was concerned. Jungkook stayed silent and just clung onto him as he sniffled and shook.

Taehyung was a bit shocked and confused, but he sat up and held him closer.
"Kookie it's okay. I would never leave you, not for anything or anyone. I'm here bunny." Taehyung said, stroking his hair, and Jungkook immediately calmed down at the simple action.
"Bad dream?" Taehyung asked, smiling softly at his boyfriend who was curled up in his arms.
"Yeah... I-I'm sorry." Jungkook muttered embarrassedly, wiping his eyes.

"Sorry? For what? It's okay don't worry about it." Taehyung consoled him, and pecked his head.
"I'm scared to lose you." Jungkook mumbled, resting his head in the crook of Tae's neck.
"Scared? That's not like you. Well don't be, I'm not going anywhere, go back to sleep baby." Tae said softly, before they both lay back down to go back to sleep.

They didn't wake up until late the next morning, as the sun peeked through the curtains. Taehyung groaned and got up to make some toast, while Jungkook was still fast asleep. Tae brought in some toast for his boyfriend, who he woke up gently to breakfast in bed.

"Thanks Tae." Jungkook said in a low, rough voice. Taehyung smiled and sat next to him.
"Shall we spend the day at the pool today?" Taehyung suggested, and Jungkook nodded.
"Yeah, the pool is quite big. I'd really like to check it out." He agreed.

Taehyung's phone suddenly rang, and he walked onto the balcony to take the call. Jungkook could here him laughing outside, and he became curious to who it was. He shrugged it off, and got out his phone to answer work emails and check the weather for the day. It said it would be sunny for most of the day, but there may be a storm later in the evening. Jungkook frowned at this. Jungkook was the kind of person who didn't get scared very easily, but thunder terrified him, and always had.

When he was younger, Taehyung would come over with snacks and stay with him when there were storms to calm his panic attacks, but after Tae left school he had no one who knew about his fear, and no one to talk to to take his mind off of them. This just made his fear gradually worse over time. However, he decided to forget about it, and go and enjoy the day with Tae. Taehyung was still on his phone, and Jungkook frowned, jealous at how cheerful he sounded while he was talking to the other person. Jungkook started to get impatient and so he went out to him.

"Tae, sorry, but we really should start getting ready." Jungkook said, tugging at the older's sleeve. Taehyung nodded and smiled, before saying goodbye and hanging up on the person. Jungkook went inside to get changed into his swimming trunks, and Tae followed to do the same. Jungkook's bare torso wasn't exactly anything new to him, but it still made him flustered and took his breath away.