12

Once he got home, he decided to watch a movie and eat some snacks. He was happy to be back in his apartment, and he felt a little safer, but he was still a little timid. He was about an hour into the film when he jumped because his phone buzzed. It was a notification from the security system app.

'Someone is standing on your porch. See camera?'
The notification said. Taehyung felt his heart leap as he clicked to look through the camera and see who it was. He relaxed when he saw a familiar face appear, along with a soft tapping at the door. It was Jimin.

"Hey, Tae? Are you in?" He called, and Taehyung got up from his seat to go and let him in.
"Yeah yeah hold your horses I'm coming." He chuckled as he opened the door.
"Can I come in?" Jimin asked, and Tae nodded with an 'of course' expression on his face, and he stood to the side before closing the door behind him.

"What's up Chim?" Tae asked, going over to Jimin, who was leaning against the wall. Jimin sighed and looked up at him.
"I've got two things to talk to you about." He mumbled, and Tae signalled for him to sit down next to him on the sofa.
"Go ahead, I'm listening." Taehyung said, smiling softly at Jimin, who smiled a little back.

"Is it just me or has work been really stressful recently? Like... I'm struggling to sleep and I keep worrying that I'll do something wrong." He blurted out, and Tae shuffled a little closer towards his best friend.
"No, I know exactly what you mean. It's been a busy week, but don't stress too much, you're great at your job." Tae said, putting his arm over Jimin's shoulders. Jimin sighed again and fiddled with his fingers.

"It's just, recently I've been getting really nervous at big jobs. What if I screw up? I just feel exhausted. I really love my job, but... ugh I don't know." Jimin muttered, and put his head in his hands. He looked really tired, and as if he was about to cry. Tae lifted his face up so that he could see it and looked at him concernedly.

"Please don't be anxious Chim. There really is nothing to worry about. You always do great, no matter what happens, and you can only do your best. If you're ever stressing and you can't sleep, I'll stay up and talk to you. Maybe you could talk to your boyfriend too?" Taehyung said, and pulled Jimin into a hug. Jimin hugged him back and sighed, holding back the tears.

"Thanks Tae. Jeez, what do I do to deserve a friend like you?" He said.
"Are you serious Jimin? You're like the kindest person I know. And you put up with me." Taehyung chuckled, earning a giggle from his friend. They sat in silence for a minute, when Taehyung suddenly turned to Jimin.

"You said there was another thing you wanted to talk to me about?" Tae asked, and Jimin spun around as if he'd only just remembered.
"Oh yeah! It's about Yoongi." Jimin said, and Tae frowned.
"What did he do to my Chim? I swear to god if that brat hurt you-" Taehyung started, but Jimin cut him off.

"No not at all! Hes not a brat Tae!" Jimin said, playfully punching Tae's arm.
"In fact I wanted to ask for some best friend advice." Jimin said, and Tae nodded.
"Well that's what I'm here for isn't it? Fire away." Tae giggled, and Jimin smiled.

"So basically, I think things are going really well between me and Yoongi, and he's opening up to me more. But I feel like he hides a lot of his feelings and holds them in. Some days he'll just tell me that he's super busy, and I know that he's stressed, but I don't want to disturb him." Jimin explained, and Tae frowned.
"Does he treat you differently?" Tae asked, and Jimin shook his head.

"From other people, yes he does. Because he trusts me. But from before, no, he'll still hold my hand and hug me and stuff. I just want him to know that he can talk to me. What should I do?"
Jimin asked. Tae scratched his head and looked at him.
"I really don't think I'm the best person for relationship advice, but if I were you I would show my concern for him. I would tell him that I'm worried, and try to get him to explain a little. Even a little is good. And then take him out for ice cream." Tae said, and Jimin smiled and hugged him.

"That sounds perfect, thanks Tae. I'll let you know how it goes. How are things between you and Jungkook by the way?" He asked suddenly, and Tae blushed at the mention of Jungkook's name. Jimin noticed and he smirked at him.
"Good I guess? He's still a really nice guy, and we had a really nice time together at the weekend." Tae mumbled. Jimin giggled a little.

"Ooh Tae's all flustered." Jimin teased, and Taehyung frowned and went to the door as Jimin stood up.
"Get out you brat." He scowled, opening the door for Jimin, who was laughing.
"You love me really Taebear." He giggled as he left Tae's house.
"Yeah right."
"Yah!"
"Fine, love you!"
"See you tomorrow soulmate." Jimin shouted back, and Taehyung chuckled and closed the door.

It was almost 10pm, and Tae was thinking of going to bed, when he realised Jimin had left his phone. Jimin would be about half way home now, and Tae decided he should run it over to him, as he didn't live that far away and it would be silly to drive. Tae had just got outside, and had walked for a minute or two, when he suddenly remembered Jungkook's warning.

'Don't walk alone in the dark.'
"Shit." Taehyung muttered to himself under his breath, and so he decided he should turn back and get into his house as quickly as possible, and return the phone to Jimin the next day. But it was too late. As he walked swiftly past an alley way that was so close to his house, a tall, dark figure lurched out at him and grasped his arm with an iron grip. He struggled to get out of his attacker's grasp, but despite his strength it was too strong.

It was dark and no one else was around; the streets completely bare.
Taehyung started to panic and he tried to call out, but his screams were muffled as a large, gloved hand covered his mouth. He was dragged back into the alley way, and was hit sharply on the head with a large, solid object. He soon fell, unconscious, on the cold stone floor.