13

"Sir! I think we may have a lead on where the kidnapper may be situated!" Jihoon (a detective and officer) called to Jungkook, who came running over immediately.
"Really? How?" Jungkook asked, leaning down to look at the computer screen that Jihoon was sat at.
"It was hard work sir, because head detective Chan wouldn't let me investigate, but we've finally got somewhere." Jihoon said excitedly.

"Well it must be investigated immediately!" Jungkook announced, and all others nodded, apart from one. Assistant head Baekhyun stood behind Jungkook with a large frown plastered on his face.
"How can we be sure this information is correct? We've been trying to chase this guy down for over a week now, and we're getting nowhere. What if we're just sending officers to a random abandoned building when they could be out on daily cases?" Baekhyun said in a stern voice. Jungkook sighed and turned to him.

"With all due respect sir, we have been working on this case for a while now, before you even came, and the information we have found has lead us here. It could put so many people's minds at ease if we finally find him. We have to investigate. And only two of us need to go, Hobi and I." Jungkook said adamantly. Baekhyun looked a little angry.

"Mr Jeon, I expect you to to listen to what I am saying, and that you really should consider what you are doing here. This could be a waste of valuable time." Baekhyun said with a nonchalant expression. Jungkook was getting frustrated, not understanding why Baekhyun wouldn't let them investigate such a pressing case.
"Please sir, we know what we're doing." Jungkook said. Baekhyun looked like he was about to say something, when officer Sana ran in with a phone in her hand.

"There's been... another kidnapping... just down the road from here... last night." She said, panting as she had just ran all the way from the other side of the building. Jungkook and Jaemin ran over to her.
"We should check the location we have found. Do you know the name of the victim?" Jaemin asked seriously.
"It was one of the firefighters unfortunately, Kim Taehyung I believe."

Jungkook's heart sank when he heard her utter those words, and time just stopped.
'No... no it can't be!' He thought to himself, hoping it wasn't true.
"Oh no." Hobi whispered to himself as he saw Jungkook's expression. Jungkook's eyes widened and he went a little pale.
"K-Kim Taehyung?" He repeated, stuttering slightly.
"Yes sir. Are you alright?" Sana asked, looking concernedly at Jungkook.

"We have to go. Now!" Jungkook shouted, looking at Hobi, and he grabbed some keys for a police van and ran out to the car park, followed closely by Hobi.
"Mrs Jung really won't like this." Baekhyun muttered. And Sana shook her head.
"I'm sorry sir, but that really doesn't matter right now. Innocent lives are in danger, and we may be able to prevent worse from happening." She said, and Baekhyun sighed, annoyed that they were right.

It was Jimin that had called about Taehyung's disappearance. He had gone to pick up Tae for work that morning, only to find that he wasn't at home. When he was confused and was getting a little concerned, he walked a little way down the road, only to see that a phone had been dropped in the middle of the path, and it was his own. He had then picked up his phone and called the police.

"Shit..." Jungkook muttered under his breath as he drove. Hobi could see the fear in Jungkook's eyes as they made their way quickly to Tae's house where Jimin was waiting.
"It'll be okay Jungkook. We'll do what we can, hang on." He said, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder as he had noticed how Jungkook felt about the other. Jungkook released a long sigh.
"But what if you're wrong Hobi? What if he's not okay?" He said, his voice shaking a little.
"Never think about the worst. Let's just hurry." Hobi said, and they soon arrived at Tae's house.

They met Jimin, who was pacing up and down in front of Tae's house, looking very worried. When he saw the police van and Jungkook step out of it, he ran over.
"Jungkook! You're finally here. I don't know what to do. He was there l-last night, and now he's gone. He won't p-pick up his phone, I... I-" Jimin stuttered and he started crying.

Hobi went and stood next to Jimin and put his arm around him.
"It's okay Jimin, we're gonna try and find him. But you need to tell us everything you know." Hobi said seriously, and Jimin wiped his eyes and sniffled before continuing.
"I accidentally left my phone at his house, so I was going to collect it when I came to pick him up. But I then I realised his door was unlocked, and I found it on the floor a few metres from here. He must have tried to give it back to me, but it was so late." Jimin said, holding back his tears.

"Please Jimin tell me, about what time was this?" Jungkook asked urgently, and Jimin thought.
"I left his house just before 10pm I think. It wouldn't have been long after that." Jimin said, and Jungkook gasped.
"It was definitely him. He took Tae. We've got to go." Jungkook muttered to Hobi, who nodded and started to go back to the van.

"Thanks Jimin, you're a big help." They shouted, before driving off quickly. Jimin was devastated and terribly anxious, but he knew that there was nothing more he could do, and he waited nervously for news. He walked home as he wasn't in the mood for work, he wouldn't be able to cope or think about anything else. As he was walking back, he got a call from Yoongi, who could tell that something was wrong through Jimin's breaking voice. Yoongi told him that he'd meet him at home to look after him, and Jimin smiled a little and immediately felt a little calmer.

Officer Sana sent Jungkook and Hobi the address that they had discovered where the kidnapper may be, and she and officer Jaemin worked together to give them directions over the radio, as it was not found on the satnav. Jungkook was getting more and more anxious and they got closer to the location, and he gripped the steering wheel tightly.
'If anything's happened to him I'll never forgive myself.' Jungkook thought to himself, driving faster.

"We should turn the sirens off Hobi, so that they don't see us coming. We need to take all the chances we can get to save him." Jungkook said seriously, and Hobi nodded and flicked the sirens off. They went down a sketchy looking road, that winded out of town and into a dark and enclosed area. They soon found themselves pulling up in front of a large, abandoned warehouse.

"We've made it, thanks Sana." Hobi said over the radio.
"No problem, good luck and be safe." She said, before turning off the radio. They rushed out of the van and held their pistols low, looking around for any signs of movement.
"I think it's clear, let's make our way round the back, and hurry." Jungkook said urgently, trying to stay calm.

He couldn't decide if he was more anxious or angry, but he wanted to keep his feelings in check so that they could have the best possible chances of finding Taehyung.
"Okay, let's go."