16

They got back to the police station, just in time for the end of break. Tae and Jimin had both been let off work due to the circumstances, and they were told that they had to stay at the police station until the end of the day shift. When Jungkook and Tae were about to walk inside, Hobi called over to them.

"Hey guys! Where did you go?" Hobi shouted, walking over to them with Jimin. Jimin suddenly looked at Taehyung and Jungkook's hands, which were still folded over each other in between them. Jimin gasped and pointed.
"Hold on... are you...?" Jimin started, and Tae blushed while Jungkook nodded with a huge grin on his face.

"Jungkook you brat! You never tell me anything." Hobi exclaimed, trying to sound angry, but his excitement could be heard in his voice. Taehyung and Jungkook chuckled at their friend's bewildered expressions, still holding hands. Their hands fit together perfectly, their fingers intertwined. Taehyung could feel the butterflies in his stomach unsettle again, and he tried to stop blushing.

"You two are dating?!" Jimin exclaimed loudly, and Hobi covered his mouth.
"Shush! We don't want the whole world to know!" Taehyung hissed, and Jungkook just chuckled.
"Damn. You two are cute." Hobi said happily, smiling at them.
"I know he is. Now let's go inside before we're late." Jungkook said, making Taehyung flustered.

They made their way inside, and Jungkook pecked Taehyung's cheek secretly before rushing off to his office. Hobi then also waved goodbye so that he could get to work on a new case, leaving Jimin and Taehyung together. Hobi jogged over and put his arm over Jungkook's shoulders, smiling.
"You never did tell me how exactly Taehyung saved you that day." Hobi chuckled, and Jungkook sighed.

"Well you were there, I thought you would have heard." Jungkook replied with an eye roll, and Hobi shook his head.
"I remember panicking when you went inside the house and then the roof collapsed, but our chief held me back from doing anything and I had to question people. So?" Hobi asked, and Jungkook sighed.

"It was scary, not gonna lie. When the roof collapsed it was right above me, and I got stuck under the rubble, but Taehyung found me and pulled me out. He's a real lifesaver I swear." Jungkook chuckled, and Hobi looked at him with an astonished expression.
"Wow, that's dangerous. You've both saved each other's life now. You were practically made for each other!" Hobi laughed, and Jungkook chuckled and pushed him away.
"Shut up."

Jimin and Taehyung got told that they could stay in the lounging area by the head detective Chan, and so they made their way there. Jimin had so much he wanted to ask Taehyung. When they got into the room, it was small, empty, and comfortable. Jimin sat down on a sofa opposite Taehyung and smirked.

"Give me details, I want to know everything." Jimin said, looking eagerly at Taehyung, who sighed and smiled to himself.
"About what? The kidnapping or Jungkook?" Taehyung asked his friend, raising an eyebrow.
"I won't make you relive what happened, I just want to know what's going on with you and Jungkook, and how you're suddenly dating." Jimin said, getting a little impatient.

"Okay okay. So after he rescued me and I calmed down, he took me into the interrogation room where you found me. He asked me lots of questions and he was being so kind and comforting; he's so good at making me feel better." Taehyung said, looking down at his feet and smiling to himself.

"Cute... what next?" Jimin asked impatiently, and Taehyung laughed at him.
"Why do you want to know about my love life so bad?" He chuckled, and Jimin frowned.
"Because I'm your best friend and I deserve to know!" He pouted, and Tae just chuckled at him.

"Fine. After you found me and we went out I saw he was standing alone, and so I asked if he would like to come and get coffee with me. We went to Jin's cafe, and we chatted for a while. I kept thanking him and he was being so sweet. I noticed that he kept staring at me, and then he asked me out." Taehyung said with a large grin on his face, his cheeks regaining the bright pink colour.

"Just like that? Bro you've got him whipped." Jimin laughed, and Tae playfully punched his shoulder.
"He's hot. I am one lucky man." Taehyung sighed, before sitting down on the sofa next to Jimin who chuckled. After a little while of chatting and answering calls from worried friends and family to confirm he was alright, Taehyung felt a bit bored, and he wanted to go and find Jungkook.

"How are you getting home Jimin? Do you need a lift?" Tae asked as he stood up.
"Yoongi is coming to pick me up, we're going to the cinema." Jimin said with a small smile on his face.
"Ooh how romantic." Taehyung cooed, and Jimin rolled his eyes and giggled.
"Why do you ask Tae?" Jimin asked curiously.
"Because I'll probably get a lift with Jungkook, so I was making sure you had a way to get home. Speaking of Jungkook, I'm gonna go and find him." Taehyung said, walking towards the door.

"Ah thanks. Well don't be too long, I'll be lonely." Jimin pouted, and Taehyung turned and smiled at him.
"I won't, love you Chim." Tae called as he walked out of the door.
"Love you too Taebear!" Jimin shouted in a high pitched voice, and Taehyung shook his head and smiled to himself. He was so lucky to have a friend like Jimin. And now he was even more lucky to have a boyfriend like Jungkook.

He walked down the hallway, glancing around at all of the people in police uniform. He wanted to be a policeman when he was younger, but it turns out that a firefighter was the perfect job for him. He located Jungkook's office at the top of the room, and he knocked and went in.

"I'm sorry, I'm busy." Jungkook said in an authoritative voice when he heard someone enter because he was on the phone, not turning around to see who it was.
"Oh, sorry." Taehyung muttered as he began to close the door. But Jungkook recognised his voice and he stopped him, softening his tone.

"Oh it's you Tae! Sorry, please come in." Jungkook said when he saw Taehyung standing in the doorway. He then turned back to his phone.
"Yeah I can get you the files for Friday. Yep, okay. Alright I have to go now, bye." Jungkook said, before putting his phone down and turning to Tae.
"Why are you here Taetae?" Jungkook asked curiously, smirking slightly.

"I'm sorry for intruding." Taehyung muttered, looking down at the floor.
"Oh no, I didn't mean it like that! I was just wondering if something was wrong, or do you just miss me already?" Jungkook teased, poking Taehyung's cheek.
"I was bored, and I was wondering if you wanted to come over to mine to watch a movie later?" Taehyung suggested, shrugging. Jungkook smiled at his boyfriend.

"I would love to Tae, I'll drive us down there when I'm done." He said. Taehyung leaned over and rested his chin on Jungkook's shoulder as he worked.
"What case are you on now?" Taehyung asked curiously as he looked at the screen.
"Just some robberies, the usual." Jungkook sighed, typing away at his computer.

Taehyung mentioned that he should get back to Jimin, but Jungkook stopped him.
"Tae?"
"Yeah?"
"I'd like to take you out on a proper date. Can you do Sunday?" He asked suddenly, and Taehyung smiled.

"I would love to, and yes I can." Taehyung said, and Jungkook smiled and turned to him.
"Goodbye kiss?" Jungkook asked, smirking and leaning towards Tae, who rolled his eyes and quickly pecked Jungkook's forehead.
"Okay I'm going now, love you Kookie."
"I love you too."

The moment Taehyung closed the door behind himself, Jungkook thrust his fists in the air triumphantly before smiling and resting his chin on his hands.
"You did it Jungkook, he's finally yours. Damn I'm one lucky man." Jungkook muttered to himself, smiling.

A/N:
Ahhhh sorry this was a bit of a filler tbh. But I really hope you're enjoying the story so far! Please give me feedback so that I can improve! Love you 💜