15

"You found him?! How? That's great!" Baekhyun exclaimed as Hobi ran in to tell the news.
"Well, bring him in then." Mrs Jung ordered, and Jaemin ran out with Jhope to help get the criminal into the station prison.
"And Taehyung? Was he okay?" Sana asked anxiously, knowing how scared Jungkook was. Hobi nodded and she released a sigh of relief.
"Yeah, we got to him just in time. He's in shock but he's uninjured."

"Thank goodness, well done. Where's Jungkook?" She asked.
"I think he's with Taehyung. He said he wanted to tell him something about the kidnapper." Hobi explained, and they all nodded their heads. Hobi was right, and Jungkook had lead a shaking Taehyung by the hand into an interrogation room where he could tell him anything. They sat down face to face and Tae let out a sigh.

"Okay Tae. What was it that you wanted to tell me?" Jungkook asked.
"That guy... he was my ex. His name is Ranjou Tomblin. He did all of this just to find me, even though he used to abuse and upset me. I swear he's crazy I h-had no i-idea I-" Taehyung stuttered as he thought back on what had happened. He hung his head low and Jungkook put his hand on top of his.

"It's okay Tae, thankyou for telling me; this information is really important. Don't worry, we'll make sure he gets what he deserves." Jungkook said seriously, looking up at Taehyung who had teary eyes.
"I just can't help but think that it's my fault. I hadn't done anything to hurt him, but he was so prepared to hurt me." Taehyung mumbled, fiddling with his fingers.

Jungkook frowned and squeezed his hand tightly.
"Taehyung, don't blame yourself. I know you never would have wanted this. You're the victim here, and we've got to get justice. Is it okay if I ask you a few questions?" Jungkook asked softly, and Taehyung looked up and nodded, sitting back in his chair.

Tae told him everything he knew, from when they dated to how he was kidnapped. He explained how Ranjou had become suddenly abusive, and then cheated on him and left him. He said how shocked he was to find out that it was Ranjou, and he never thought he'd see him again. Jungkook wrote down notes, nodding occasionally, and he could feel his rage building up for the one who hurt Taehyung.

Taehyung had just finished explaining, and Jungkook was just about to say something, when the door suddenly burst open.
"Tae! Oh my god you're okay!" Jimin screamed, running in. Taehyung immediately stood up and turned around to his best friend who was crying. Jimin bear hugged him and Tae squeezed him tight.

"I thought you were gone." Jimin sniffled as he clung onto the younger.
"No Chim. Thanks to Jungkook and Hobi I'm alright. Aw please don't cry!" He said, putting on a smile as Jimin looked up at him with teary eyes. Meanwhile, Jungkook looked on, a little puzzled.
"Jimin! How on earth did you get in?!" Jungkook exclaimed, but his question was soon answered when another face appeared at the door.

"I'm afraid... that was my fault. Whew... he's too fast." Hobi panted, stumbling into the room. Jungkook rolled his eyes and shook his head, smiling a little to himself. They then turned back to Tae and Jimin.
"Don't ever do that to me again. I don't think it's possible to be more worried." Jimin said, stepping back and grabbing Tae's arm.
"It's okay Chim, I'm fine." Taehyung reassured him.

It was time for lunch break, and they all left together. Jimin had gone with Hobi to talk to some people, and Tae noticed Jungkook standing alone, leaning against the door. He decided to go over to him.
"Are you alright?" Taehyung asked Jungkook as he stared blankly off into the distance.
"Huh? Oh... yeah. Yeah I'm fine." Jungkook said, before yawning a little.

Tae frowned before ruffling Jungkook's hair.
"You look exhausted. Come and grab a coffee with me?" Taehyung asked, and Jungkook's eyes immediately lit up at the idea. He nodded, and they walked to Jin's cafe, because it was nearby. When they got into the almost empty cafe they noticed Jin practically running at them from the counter.
"Taehyung! Oh my goodness you poor boy! I'm so glad you're alright, I heard what happened." Jin said in a mother-like way, and Taehyung smiled.

"Only because I have my own superhero." Taehyung said, smiling at Jungkook, who smirked yet looked away shyly. Jin sighed and lead them to the counter.
"Well thank goodness you're here now. Pick what you like, it's on the house." Jin said with a smile, and they grinned at him.
"Thanks hyung." Jungkook said, and Jin winked at him before making their coffees.

Once they had ordered they sat at the same window seat that they sat at the last time. Jungkook admired the man that sat infront of him. The way Taehyung had stayed strong and hadn't completely broken from what had happened really showed how special and spirited he was. The flawless skin, the adorable smile, the determined look, and his bravery. Jungkook just completely fell for him. He was broken out of his gaze and his thoughts when Taehyung spoke to him.

"Jungkook, I owe you my life. I really do. You risked yours just to save mine, and there's no way that I could repay you that would be enough. I really admire you, and I can't thank you enough. What can I do for you in return?I'll honestly do anything." Taehyung said rushedly, smiling at the younger. Jungkook blushed a little and shook his head. He was going for it.

"I had to save you Tae, i was just doing my job, and I couldn't let you go. Because I love you. Come to mention it, there is something you could do for me." He said, as he saw Tae's soft cheeks turn to a light shade of pink. Taehyung looked up at him.
"What is it Kookie?"
Jungkook took a deep breath.

"Will you be... my boyfriend?"

A silence hung between the two of them for a second, and every second felt like agony to Jungkook as he anxiously anticipated his reply.
'W-What did he just say?!' Taehyung thought to himself as he felt his face heat up. He couldn't believe it, Kookie liked him too? He couldn't help but lend Jungkook his box smile.
"Are you kidding me Kookie?! Of course! Do you really mean it?" Taehyung blurted out excitedly. Jungkook immediately bunny-smiled and he cooed over the other's adorable reaction.

"Of course I mean it Tae. You make me so happy when I'm around you, and I feel like you're always there for me. You're so handsome and kind and...ugh I've missed you so much." Jungkook said, running to the other side of the table and hugging Tae, who welcomed his warm embrace.

"I thought you'd never ask! You're the funniest, strongest, and the most perfect person I've ever met. I've always loved you, but only until recently have I realised what you mean to me." Tae said quietly into Jungkook's ear. Jungkook let a tear of happiness run down his face, and Tae pecked his cheek before his stood up, making him blush.

"Ah, you really need to stop complimenting me, it's making me blush." Jungkook giggled, covering his face with his hands. Taehyung laughed at how adorable he was.
"How can I when the perfect man is finally mine?" Tae said cheesily, and Jungkook playfully hit his chest.

"Just get married already!" Jin called from the counter as he looked over at them.
"Hyung!" Jungkook shouted, and they all laughed.
"I feel like I've just watched my children grow up, wow." Jin said, wiping fake tears away from his eyes. Jungkook chuckled at him before turning back to Tae.

"I love you Taetae." Jungkook whispered. The last person that called Taehyung Taetae was Ranjou, and Tae was so happy to have someone who truly loved him call him that.
"I love you too Kook."
Jin stood in the back and rolled his eyes.
"Yeah yeah, go on get out of here you two lovebirds. I won't have anything this cute in this area, it's not permitted." He joked, and they laughed before getting up to leave.

"Good luck you two! Now you better look after my Jungkook." Jin chuckled, waving them off.
"Of course I will." Taehyung said with a smile, and Jungkook held his hand. They walked back to Jungkook's work, both with a feeling of ineffable euphoria.