4

Jungkook woke up due to the sun peering through his thick curtains. He groaned and sat up, before getting up and drawing the curtains. At work he was working on the investigation of some robberies, and it was really hard work. He wearily got up and changed into his police uniform, which he looked really good in. Checking his watch he saw he was a little late, and so he grabbed his bag and some toast and got into his car.

When he arrived he was greeted by his colleague and friend Hobi, who had a worried look on his face.
"Jungkook! There you are. Quick we've found something." He said suddenly, grabbing Jungkook's arm and dragging him into the office where many other officers were gathered around a computer. Jungkook was the strongest out of the whole squad, and one of the tallest, and he was quite intimidating. All of the other officers parted to let him through so that he could see.

"Have you got a lead to another robber or something? I thought we caught them." Jungkook said in a low voice, standing behind the person who was at the computer.
"No sir, we've got a completely different case now. Look." His colleague replied, pointing to the screen.

The screen showed a distribution of distress calls that had come in from the past week from all over the city. And they were all kidnappings.
"And these all happened one day after another?" Jungkook asked, his eyes widening a little.
"Yes sir, every single one. And the numbers are growing." Another Officer, called Jaemin, said.
"And who's missing?" He asked again.
"We're forming a list sir, but it appears that they are all young men." The officer at the computer replied.
Jungkook scratched the back of his head, and then clapped his hands together.

"Okay, I want all of the families questioned, and their houses investigated. Can all detectives partner with a response officer and go and get a search warrant from Mrs Jung. We need to move fast before there are more kidnappings." Jungkook said with authority. The officers all nodded and dispersed, apart from the ones that worked for at the computers of course.

With Jungkook being the Chief Response Officer, even though he was young, he was strong and they all trusted him. He had authority to sort plans out and would attend big emergencies as he would be the first to investigate. His job paid very well, and his colleagues respected him, but it was very stressful work.

Jungkook sighed and leant against a desk, putting his head in his hands.
"Ugh it's just case after case after case. I can tell this is going to be a big one."
He groaned, and Hobi came over to him.
"Are you okay? Don't get too stressed over it, we have a good department." He said reassuringly. Jungkook looked up and fixed his hair.

"Our new Head Officer is making everything harder. She's brought in new Head assistants, and they're trying to take over everything. She tried making me change positions yesterday, but I managed to persuade her to let me stay. We have to take control of this case, I'm determined." He said, and Hobi nodded in agreement.

"If she tries to move you again, you've got a whole load of colleagues who will be right behind you. You're the best of the best Jungkook, we'll always listen to you." He said with a smile. Jungkook breathed deeply and smiled back.
"Thanks Hobi. I've got to get back to work now, see you later." He said.

Jungkook was not on patrol today, so he would be able to complete all of his paperwork and receive info on the new kidnapping case. The police went out in squads to talk to the family's of those who have gone missing, and they found out the average times when the victims went missing. They all appeared to be around 10pm, when it was dark and no one was around. A total of five people had gone missing now, all of them men aged between 23 and 25. This was all enough information to allow them to link the kidnappings together.

Jungkook was exhausted by the end of his shift, but he soon perked up when he remembered he was about to see Taehyung again. Taehyung finished work an hour later than him, so he decided he would go and pick him up in his new car. He said goodbye to Hobi and thanked him for his great work, before leaving quickly.

When he got home he decided to get changed into something more casual, but he found it hard to choose an outfit because he generally dressed formerly or in his uniform. He eventually settled for some black ripped jeans and a cream hoodie, paired with some converse. Jungkook did his hair in his usually parted way, before checking his appearance in the mirror. He checked his watch and realised he had fifteen minutes to get to the fire station, so he left quickly, and hopped into his black, new and spotless Audi R8.

He felt both excited and a little nervous to see Taehyung. He couldn't understand why he felt nervous. Shouldn't he just be happy that he was finally seeing his old best friend? To be honest, he was quite embarrassed with the fact that Taehyung had to save him a few days back, especially because jungkook was stronger. But he couldn't get Taehyung's handsome face out of his mind.

He pulled down the mirror in his car and fixed his hair, but he shook his head at himself.
'Who am I trying to impress? I'm just going to meet an old friend in a cafe, that's all.' He said to himself, frustrated with his own thoughts. Jungkook pulled out of the driveway of his large house, and made his way to the fire station.

A/N:
Sorry this is a bit of a boring chapter 🥺i feel like if i didn't include this the story line wouldn't make sense. I wanted to add a bit of context from Kookie's side haha. But sorry that it's a bit of a filler :(
Please give me feedback it really helps 💜