7

It was Saturday, and Jungkook was on patrol. He wouldn't have work tomorrow, and Tae had been let off of the training day to get some rest, so they decided to spend the day together. Jungkook couldn't stop worrying about Tae, and he was going to make sure that nothing happened to him.

Jungkook got into his police uniform and arrived at work early so that he wouldn't be late for patrol. Therefore if an emergency came up, he'd be ready.
He met up with Hobi, Sana and Jihoon, who are other responding officers, and they went to the police cars. Hobi and Jungkook were response partners, so they would attend emergencies together.

"You ready Hobi? I don't know why but I feel like today is going to be a long day." Jungkook said, getting into the driver's seat.
"Ready as I'll ever be chief." Hobi said, and Jungkook smiled at him. They had been patrolling the city for half an hour now, when a call came in.

'Identified shooting outside club xxx at the far east edge of the city. Respond immediately and meet other units there. Proceed with caution, over.' The radio came through with. The two of them exchanged worried yet serious glances.
'We'll be right there, over.' Hobi replied, and they turned their sirens on and immediately went
"Shit. This is bad, like really bad." Hobi muttered after putting the radio down. Jungkook let out a long sigh and frowned.
"Prepare yourself Hobi. This is going to be dangerous, we know what can happen." He said seriously, and Hobi nodded understandingly.

Club xxx was a club on the outskirts of the other side of the city. It was a few miles off, and they had to rush, because innocent lives were in danger. The club closed down a year ago because it was notorious for fights and gangs in that area, but clearly some people hadn't taken the hint. All of the police arrived at the back of the club building, with their sirens off so that the criminals didn't know that they were coming.

Jungkook and Hobi quietly got out of the car, where they met officers Sana, Jihoon, Jaemin, and commander Baekhyun. They all had their bulletproof vests on and they got out their pistols, prepared for what they might find. Suddenly they heard a gunshot and another scream from inside the building, and they waited anxiously for orders from the commander. Baekhyun was a new commander introduced by Mrs Jung, and although he was controlling, he was very serious and got the job done.

"Keep your head low. We'll enter through the back, and bust the door down. After that, you know the drill." Commander Baekhyun said in a low voice, and they all nodded and rushed towards the back door. Jungkook lead the squad, and he kicked the door open with ease. The sight they saw was horrible. The room was absolutely filthy. Three men with rifles dressed in black had kept five others hostage. Two were dead.

"Police! Don't move! Drop your weapons!" Hobi shouted as the criminals pointed their guns at them. They held up their pistols and moved slowly in.
"I said don't move! Put the guns down!" Jihoon shouted as one of the men stepped quickly backwards.

Two of the men lowered their weapons and put their hands up, but one, the leader of the gang, had other ideas. He was the tallest and the strongest of them all. He stood behind one of their hostages, a young man, and put the cold steel of his gun to his head.
"Come any closer and he dies!" The criminal shouted, his loud, hoarse voice muffled by a black mask which he then removed. The hostage started to shake and cry, screaming for help.

Half of the police squad had gone over to the other two men, and got them down on the floor and were in the process of arresting them.
The man who held the gun to the hostage's head fiddled with the trigger, a sly smirk on his face.
"Don't you dare." Jungkook whispered under his breath, as he aimed his pistol at the man.

Suddenly, one of the other men reached for his rifle, and attempted to shoot at Jungkook, but luckily missed. Sana and Jaemin wrestled him and pinned him down, and there was a lot of shouting going on, making Jungkook's head spin. His adrenaline was pumping as he watched the criminal leader try to take this as an opportunity to escape. But a few seconds after, he dropped dead.

All officers could feel their hearts trying to escape their chests as they analysed the situation. Sana, Jaemin and Baekhyun had tased the other two criminals, and had successfully arrested them as they took them to the cars. They heard the gun shot, and turned immediately to where it resonated from.

Jungkook stood with his gun still pointing to where he had shot the other criminal, his mind racing. He was breathing heavily, and Hobi came over and lowered his gun, looking the younger straight in the eyes.
"You did the right thing Jungkook." He said, patting his shoulder, before running over with Jihoon to release the hostages that were still alive.

Jungkook tried to collect his thoughts. What they had seen horrified him and the others, and he couldn't think straight. He watched intently as Hobi and Jihoon got the hostages out of the club, each one shaking and crying, and thanking them again and again. Commander Baekhyun came over to him, looking slightly concerned.

"Are you alright Jungkook? I know, it was very hard to see, but we did what we could. Come on." He said, and lead Jungkook out of the building.
"Y-Yeah. I'm alright. That was... awful." Jungkook stuttered, and Baekhyun patted his back. Jungkook decided he needed to get back to work, and he took some deep breaths. The alive hostages sat together, being interrogated by a couple of officers, who comforted them as they waited for the ambulances to arrive.

An hour or two had passed, and they had spent all day on this one case. The victims who had been taken hostage were all taken to hospital, and the bodies had been taken care of. Jungkook got in the car and sighed, putting his head in his hands.

Hobi then got in the car next to him, and Jungkook could see he had tears in his eyes. He looked up at him slowly.
"Hey, are you okay Hobi?" He muttered, a sad expression on his face as he looked at his friend. Jungkook kind of regretted asking, because considering the circumstances the answer was obvious. Hobi sighed and then put on a small smile.

"This world is messed up, and we get to see the worst of it. And we, we're so young, you shouldn't have to see and deal with these things." He mumbled, trying to hold back his tears, his eyes puffy from crying.
"That was awful. But there was nothing more we could do. It's just so fucked up. But everybody did the right thing, and they're locked up now." Jungkook said, putting his hand on Hobi's shoulder.

"Make sure you relax tomorrow, you really need it. Well done for being so brave, I'm proud of you." Hobi said as Jungkook started to drive off. Hobi was like an older brother to Jungkook. He knew and understood how stressed that Jungkook got in serious situations, but he knew that Jungkook was also incredibly strong and professional, and the younger inspired him.

"You too Hobi. I'm worried for everyone's mental health, because these things can really screw it up. But that's what comes with being a policeman." Jungkook sighed, and they made their way back to the station.
"You can say that again."

Meanwhile, Taehyung had just got back from a mission with his colleagues because of a large wood fire. It had taken all day to get the fire under control, and they were all exhausted.
"Well that was an adventure." Jimin said sarcastically as they slumped down on the sofa.
"Good work everyone, that was a big one." Taehyung said as his colleagues all sat around the room, exhausted.

They had one hour until the end of their shift, and they talked to each other about today's mission. A burning tree had almost fallen onto the fire truck, and so they had to discuss how they could make it safer, not failing to crack a few jokes here and there. The mission was a success though, and they were satisfied with their work. Mr Min then announced that it was time to leave, and they all said goodbye before making their way out.