8

Taehyung waited for Jungkook outside of the station, and he smiled when he saw the familiar black Audi pull up in front of him. He got into the car and said hello to Jungkook, but his happy expression soon changed when he saw that the younger looked troubled.
"Thankyou for picking me up. Are you alright? Bad day at work?" Taehyung asked as Jungkook forced a smile.
"Im just tired. You look exhausted, I've prepared your room for you." Jungkook said, and Taehyung smiled at him.

"Thankyou so much for everything Kook. But all my clothes and everything are at my house, what should I do?" He asked, when he suddenly remembered he had pretty much nothing.
"You can borrow some of my clothes. I'll lend you some stuff, it's not an issue." Jungkook replied, and Taehyung grinned.

The rest of the drive was quiet, and Taehyung could tell that Jungkook wasn't really in the mood for talking.
When they arrived at Jungkook's house, Tae's jaw dropped because it was incredibly big and modern.
"Woah this is your house?! It's amazing." Tae gasped as he got out of the car and went to the front door.
"It's nothing. Living alone in a large house can be quite lonely though." Jungkook sighed, and Tae just gaped at him.

"Nothing? If it's nothing, can I have it?" Tae joked as he went inside, earning a small chuckle from Jungkook. Jungkook lead him to a large room with a king sized bed and a balcony. It was furnished and decorated beautifully in pearl white, with blue highlights. The room was perfectly tidy, and had a light and modern atmosphere.
"This will be your room, I'll get you some clothes to change into later." Jungkook said, opening the door for Taehyung.

"Thanks Kookie, I honestly owe you my life." He said, blushing a little. Jungkook shrugged.
"You already saved mine." He said with a small smile, before leaving to go to his own room. Taehyung beamed at his kindness, but he couldn't help but feel like there was something a little off with Jungkook. He shrugged it off and  decided to take a shower in the en-suite of the room.

The bathroom was equally as tidy and pretty, with decorative tiles and a large shower. Taehyung undressed and then stepped in the shower, sighing at the pleasant feeling of warm water hitting his back. He took a longer shower than he usually would, before stepping out and wrapping a towel around his waist. When he left the bathroom and entered the bedroom, he saw a pile of warm clothes neatly folded on the end of the bed. They were comfortable, and fitted Taehyung perfectly, because they were both the same height.

Taehyung started to get a little bored as he stared at the white ceiling while laying on the bed. He was hungry, so he decided he would go and ask Jungkook if he would like him to order takeaway.
Taehyung quietly left his room and then made his way down the hallway to Jungkook's room. He was about to open the door and go in, when something he heard stopped him and made his heart sink.

Was he... crying? Tae could hear soft sobs coming from inside the room, followed by quickened breathing. He started to get worried, and he slowly opened the door. Taehyung could see Jungkook sitting on the other side of his bed, with his knees hugged up to his chest and his head resting on them. Jungkook hadn't notice him come in as Tae recognised that he was having a panic attack.

Wordlessly, Taehyung went over to comfort him, like he would when they were younger. When it came to Jungkook, he knew exactly what to do. He sat on the bed next to him and pulled him into a gentle and protective hug, his arms wrapped around the younger's small waist lightly to give him room to breathe. Jungkook didn't jump at Taehyung's sudden appearance, but he just allowed him to hold him as he cried and gasped. Jungkook was shaking uncontrollably and so Tae pushed his head into his chest, staining his shirt with tears.

"Hey hey, what's wrong? What happened?" Tae asked softly, frowning because he couldn't bear to see him like that.
"No Tae, I c-can't b-breathe... I-" Jungkook stuttered, breaking down. Tae held him a little tighter and drew light circles on Jungkook's back with his fingers.
"It's okay Kookie. It's a panic attack, it'll pass. Everything will be okay, I promise." He soothed, even though he was shocked and confused of what triggered it in the first place. They stayed like that for a while, until Jungkook's panic attack stopped and his sobbing was reduced to sniffles.

"I'm sorry you had to see that. Ugh I'm s-so stupid." Jungkook mumbled, wiping his tears away hastily with his sleeve and staring at his lap. Taehyung sat back and faced Jungkook.
"No you're not. It's okay I'm here, do you want to talk about it?" Tae asked softly. Jungkook nodded and so he shuffled closer to him.

They chatted for a while as Jungkook explained.
"Work today was just... really horrible. I've never seen anything so horrifying." Jungkook choked, and Tae put his arm around him. Jungkook took a deep breath and continued.
"I saw innocent people die today, Tae. And I couldn't save them all. If only we were faster-" he muttered, before bursting into tears again.

Tae cupped Jungkook's face in his hands and wiped away his tears with his thumbs. He frowned and looked at him in the eyes. Taehyung knew exactly how he felt, because he had experienced some horrible things as a firefighter, and so he felt more than sorry for him.

"Listen to me, Jungkook. There was nothing more that you could do, and what you did was the right thing. You can't blame yourself, none of it is your fault. You saved lives, and now the criminals won't be hurting anyone anymore. You did it Jungkook. You are so strong and brave, please don't cry it breaks my heart." Tae muttered, hugging him again. Jungkook sighed and looked out of the window.

"Thanks Tae, you always know how to make me feel better. I'm sorry about your shirt, I'll get you another one." He said, noticing the shirt Taehyung was wearing was covered in tears. Tae just smiled and shook his head.
"No don't worry about it. You can talk to me anytime. On another note, I'm starving. Shall I order takeaway?" Taehyung asked, and Jungkook's eyes lit up.

"Yes that'd be great, but I'll pay." Jungkook said, getting out his card, but Tae refused the offer.
"No, I'm paying. You're literally letting me stay at your house, let me pay." Tae said adamantly, and Jungkook pouted.
"But-"
"No buts. Shall I get ramen? Is it still your favourite?" Tae asked, remembering when they used to eat together at high school.
"Ah yes. I will always love ramen." Jungkook said, and Tae laughed a little, before ordering the food.

When the food arrived they both sat down at the table and tucked in. The food was so good.
"Kookie-ah?" Tae said with a mouthful of food. Jungkook looked up.
"Mmhmm?"
"Shall we go to the beach tomorrow? Or we can go to a club, I don't mind. We're both free after all." Tae asked, gulping down a mouthful of food. Jungkook smiled at the idea.
"Yeah of course. We could do both." He suggested, and Tae agreed at the idea.

They planned to meet up with some friends when they got to the club. Tae invited Jimin and Jungkook invited Hobi and Jin. They finished their food and Jungkook gave Tae a new toothbrush to clean his teeth. After saying goodnight they went to their separate bedrooms. They were both exhausted, and they fell asleep quickly.