Part- 48 Hope

The song...

-------------------------

Bogum fires..

And the next moment the gun fell from his hand and he fell on his knees, not believing what he just did.
Jungkook's world collapsed because it's Taehyung who took the shot in his place.
The moment Bogum fired Taehyung ran in front of Jungkook and takes the bullet.

Jungkook catches Taehyung when he's about to fall. Jungkook eyes gone wide and the next moment tears fell from them automatically.

Jungkook tries to speak but he can't form the words. He sees his hand that's pressed on Tae's chest and there's blood all over them.

The others run towards them shouting Taehyung's name,  but Taehyung's eyes are fixed on Jungkook,  who looks like he lost everything just in some mere minutes.
Taehyung smiles looking at him and slowly brings his hand to Jungkook's face and wipes away his tears.
Jungkook hugs him tightly and cries more.

Namjoon already called the ambulance and chanyeol is trying to stop Hoseok and Yoongi who's punching Bogum like they'll kill him right here.
Baekhyun, Jimin and Mr. Kim kneeled by Taehyung.

"Taehyungie ple-please don't close your eyes, We-we we'll take you to hospital okay, please hold on, hold on for hyung,  for your Jungkook please Taehyungie" baekhyun says unable to control his tears and hiccups.

Taehyung smiles again looking at him but says nothing just extends his hand, Baekhyun holds it.

The other hand being held by kook who is kissing continuously, trying to compose himself.

"T-tae why?  Huh!  Why? " kook cries.

Tae smiles at him and his eyes almost closes but Kook's pleadings keep him from drifting off to unconsciousness.

"Why-why you did it?  Why Tae?  Huh?"

"Tae P-Please keep lo-looking at me baby, i beg you baby please"

Taehyung's soft smile is there but he got no energy left, still his hand is holding Jungkook's hand tightly and only Jungkook's cries and words are keeping him awake.
.
.
.

It's been hours.
Kook is sitting on the floor in front of the operatin theatre back resting on the hospital wall.  His tears dried, his mind went blank,  he can't think of anything and he was silent.
Not even replying to Jin and his father when they ask him to eat or at least drink some water.

It's  Tae's family who's cryings and sniffles filling the silent corridor.

Yugyeom came running to the hospital and eyes land on kook who is sitting lifeless. Not responding to Jin who's lowly saying something to him pushing back his messed up bangs.
Yugyeom walks to him and kneels in front of him..

"K-kook?"

On hearing Yugyeom's voice, red swollen eyes looks up at him.

Yugyeom takes him in his embrace and Jungkook breaks down again, clutching on to Yugyeom shirt. Yugyeom pats his back and a tear fell from his eye after seeing his bestfriend in such a condition.

Yugyeom says nothing, just keep holding on to him.

The scene playing in front of them for hours.. nurses going in and out with trays in a hurry.

They already gave up on asking about  Tae's condition, because all the staff could say is we are trying our best.

Finally after what seems like eternity, the door opens and the doctors came out.
Jungkook who keep staring at the door, stood up first in hurry and after him all the others went to the doctors.