Chapter 1: somwthing wicca this way comes

"PIPER! PRUE! I'm home!" I call out as I walk into the door of the manor.

"In here, working on the chandelier!" I hear Prue call out as I take off my jacket and hang it up by the front door and I walk into the living room and see Prue climbing down from the ladder.

"Sorry I'm late, the class went late then I had to stop into the supermarket to get things for dinner," I say as I walk past them into the kitchen where I start putting everything away as my sisters follow me.

"Melody, I would have been here to meet the electrician myself but you know that I can't leave the museum until 6, I haven' even had time to change," Prue says and I look up and glare at her.

"Well, I'm sorry if I'm the one that has to buy food and also finish college so that I can stick around, anyway wasn't Piper meant to meet the electrician?" I say and Prue sighs as Piper speaks up.

"I didn't realize how long I was in Chinatown, did Jeremy call?" Piper asks and I smile as I follow them out to the dining room.

"No, but he had some roses and a package delivered by the looks of it," I say as I notice the box and roses sitting on the table.

"What were you doing in Chinatown anyway? I thought you had an interview at North beach?" Prue asks as we walk over to the table.

"I did, but I went to Young Lee market after my interview to get the ingredients for my audition recipe tomorrow," Piper says as she grabs the card from the flowers and opens the box.

"So that Wolfgang Puck knockoff didn't hire you today?" Prue asks and Piper shakes her head as she pulls out a bottle of red wine.

"No, but this might get me the job," Piper says and I take the bottle off her and have a look.

"Jeremy sent you port?" I ask and Prue takes the bottle off me as I look at Piper.

"It's the ultimate ingredient for my recipe tomorrow," Piper says and my phone rings, I take it out of my pocket and see that it is Phoebe and I smile.

"I'm going up to my room, I'll eat something later," I say then quickly rush up to my bedroom and close the door behind me as I answer the phone.

"Melody Halliwell speaking," I say and I hear Phoebe laugh through the phone.

"Have you told Prue that I am coming home?" she asks me.

"Hello to you too little sister," I say trying to avoid her question.

"Mel..." Phoebe says and I wince.

"I'm sorry okay, I have had a busy day at school and then I had to go food shopping, and I haven't long got home," I say and I hear her sigh.

"Well, you might want to hurry, I'm in a taxi on the way to the house now," Phoebe says and I curse and hang up then walk back downstairs in time to hear Piper and Prue talking about Phoebe.

"Piper, the girl has no vision, no sense of the future," Prue says and Piper hesitates before speaking.

"I think Phoebe is coming around," Piper says and I walk up beside her.

"As long as she doesn't come around here, I guess its good news," Prue says as I look at our old spirit board on the table.

"To my four beautiful girls,

May this give you the lights to find the shadows,

The power of Four, forevermore,

Love Mum,"

I then follow Prue to the backdoor as she checks the cricket breaker.

"I don't get it, I have checked everything, there's no reason why the Chandelier should not be working," Prue says and I laugh quietly and she playfully glares at me making me put my hands up in surrender.