Chapter 2: Morality Bites

I don't really like this episode but I know that I need to put it in since it shows the consequences of the sisters using magic for personal gain.

Edited!!!!

I am standing in my room, getting ready for my date when Phoebe yells up the stairs.

"Melody! Leo is here!" Phoebe calls out so I rush down the stairs and over to the front door where Leo is waiting in the doorway.

"Hey, stranger," I smile and he smiles back.

"Is that what I am now?" he jokes and I laugh.

"Playing hooky?" I ask him but he shakes his head.

"No, they're making me work tonight so I've got the afternoon off," he pulls me in for a hug and I hug him back.

"The old 'I gotta save the world' excuse again?" I joke and he laughs at me.

"Like you've never had to use it, but it looks like you're about to use it," Leo says so I pull away and look at him in confusion and he points behind me where Phoebe is standing behind us, trying to get my attention without interrupting.

"Now?" Leo sighs as he looks up at the roof and I close my eyes.

"They are calling you, aren't they?" I ask him and he nods.

"It's okay, uh, you go. There's actually something I have to take care of," he tells me and I sigh, pulling myself out of his arms in frustration.

"Well, we really need to talk about things, you know, where we stand," I tell him and he nods in agreement.

"Yeah, we do. Rain check?" he asks and I struggle to smile at him.

"That's what we do best," Leo pulls me in for a kiss but his lips disappear and I realize that he has orbed out.

"I hate when he does that," I mutter to myself before shaking my head and turning to face Phoebe.

"What's happened this time?" I look at her and she sighs.

"Well, you remember that guy that lets his dog poop on our front lawn? well, Piper froze him and Prue flung the dog poop onto his shoe before he unfroze," I freeze in my spot before closing my eyes.

"So what you are telling me is, you guys used your magic for revenge on the guy that doesn't pick up his dog poop?" I ask her, just to confirm and she nods.

"Yeah, and then I got a premonition about me being burned at the stake," Phoebe looks at me as the anger and sadness flick across my face before I place my hand on my forehead with my eyes closed, trying to calm down.

"Let's just go to the attic," I tell Phoebe quietly and we quickly leave the foyer and walk up the stairs, meeting Prue and Piper on the second level before heading to the attic.

"So, what did he want?" Prue asks me as we walk into the attic.

"He canceled our date. He's working again," I inform my sisters as I notice that the book pages are flipping.

"You didn't ask him what we should do?" Phoebe asks me and I shake my head.

"He had to fly... literally. The pages were doing that flipping thing on their own again," I point at the book as the pages have finally stopped so we go over and see the page that it has landed on.

"It's a spell to take us to the future," Prue says and I nod.

"Two actually. One to send us, one to bring us home. But apparently, we only get one shot. Once we use it they disappear," I point out after reading the paragraph at the top of the page.