Chapter 8: The Truth is out there... and it hurts

Dr Mitchell is walking to his car in an underground carpark when a man walks up to him.

"Excuse me, are you Dr Mitchell? Dr Oliver Mitchell?" he asks and Dr Mitchell nods, looking suspicious.

"Yes," Dr Michell says.

"What a pleasure. I can't tell you how long I've waited for this," the man says and Dr Mitchell looks at him in confusion.

"Excuse me but have we..." Dr Mitchell asks but he gets interrupted.

"Met? I'm sorry, only in print. I've read your work. Your studies, specifically on cell degeneration are ahead of their time," he says and Dr Mitchell tries to hide a smile.

"You're very kind," Dr Mitchell says and the man smirks.

"No really. It's fascinating. You've become kind of a hobby of mine. I found your article on the mutant retina gene to be particularly intriguing," he says.

"But I haven't even..." Dr Mitchell says and gets interrupted again.

"Published it yet? Don't worry, you will. And you'll help to find the vaccine," the man says and Dr Mitchell looks confused.

"The vaccine? Against what?" Dr Mitchell asks.

"Against this," the man says and A laser beam comes out of his forehead and burns a hole in Dr Mitchell's forehead, killing him instaintly.

"Bloody hell," I say and hold my head, sitting up in my bed.

"Why am I seeing this?" I ask myself but I shake my head, laying back down and trying to get back to sleep.

~~~ The next morning ~~~

"Morning," I mumble as I walk into the kitchen and grab myself a cup of coffee after Prue sits down with hers.

"Uh, is this leaded?" Prue asks Piper as she opens the newspaper at the table.

"Always is," Piper says as she knocks the cereal off the table but freezes it before it hits the ground. She places the bin underneath it. The cereal unfreezes and falls in the bin. Leo then walks in the kitchen.

"Morning, ladies. Took a look at the staircase. Shouldn't be more than two days work. You mind if I get started?" Leo says as he wraps his arm around my waist.

"Nope, not at all. I'll get you some coffee," Piper says and her pager beeps.

"But you're busy. I'll get it. Be right there, baby," I say and Leo leaves the kitchen, once he is out of the kitchen my smile drops and I death glare at Piper.

"When are you two gonna stop fighting over him and grow up?" Prue says and I glare at her as well.

"When Piper realises that she doesn't have a chance with him, seeing as though I am already dating Leo," I say and Piper laughs.

"Yeah well, soon he will be mine," Piper says and I laugh.

"Piper, you only want Leo because you can't get someone for yourself," Prue says and Piper looks at Prue.

"That is so not true. I'm wounded," Piper says.

"Now, is there anything in there about last nights murder?" Phoebe says and I look at her in shock.

"The murders?" I ask them and Phoebe nods.

"Nothing of any use," Prue says and Phoebe sighs.

"How am I suppose to figure out who the girl in my vision is?" Phoebe asks and I look at her in confusion.