Chapter 11: Feats of clay

I am sitting on the couch reading a book as Piper and Phoebe walk down the stairs, they are talking so I look over the back of the couch at the both of them.

"New York Clay? That Clay?" Piper says and Phoebe nods.

"That's the one," Phoebe says and I shake my head in confusion.

"You said you never wanted to see him again," Phoebe says.

"Ancient history," Phoebe says and shrugs her shoulder.

"Six months?" Piper asks her and Phoebe shakes her head, I turn back to my book, trying to focus on the words, having to restart the page.

"Five," Phoebe says as they reach the bottom of the stairs, Prue walks in and meets them at the bottom.

"He's just stopping by on his way home. It's not a big deal. He was travelling or something," Phoebe says and I sigh.

"Who's Clay?" Prue asks them and I shake my head, trying to read my book.

"Nobody," Phoebe says and shrugs.

"Her ex-boyfriend, the musician. She met him when she was working at the Rainbow Room. You remember?" I snap as I slam my book shut and I stand up from the couch.

"No, I don't. Nobody told me. They hired you at the Rainbow Room?" Prue asks her as I start to stomp up the stairs.

"Yeah, she was the hostess until she started working at the Chelsea Pier, where are you going Mel?" Piper asks me and I sigh and stop on the stairs.

"To my room, to read in peace," I say as I start walking up the stairs again.

"Okay, can we talk about this later please?" Phoebe says and that's when the doorbell rings.

"A lot later. We're just friends, that's all. Do I have lipstick on my teeth?" Phoebe says and smiles at us, showing her teeth.

"Yes," I deadpan from my spot on the stairs, holding my book in my hands over the railing, Phoebe rubs her teeth with her finger and heads towards the door as Prue and Piper look up at me.

"That was mean," Prue says and I just look at her.

"That was not as mean as I can get," I say causing my sisters to look worried and scared.

"Okay," Piper says as Phoebe opens the door.

"Phoebe," I hear a man say and I realise that it is Clay.

"Hey," Phoebe says as I hang my head, trying to ignore the banging in my head and trying not to fall asleep where I stand.

"It's really good to see you," Clay says as they hug, I gasp and see something I didn't want to see.

Phoebe is in bed with clay.

"Uh huh. Ooh," Phoebe says and I sigh as I come out of the premonition.

"Not something I wanted to see this morning," I mutter to myself as I walk up the rest of the stairs.

"I'M GOING BACK TO SLEEP!" I yell and I walk into my room, slamming the door.

"Leo? if your not busy, I would like to talk," I call out but don't get a response and I nod and sigh, flopping onto my bed with my eyes closed, I open them as I get my phone out but I just put it on the charger and turn it off so I can get comfortable in my bed, sighing as I cuddle into my blanket.

~~~ few hours later ~~~

I walk into QUAKE to see Piper and Prue sitting at the bar causing me to sigh as I walk over to them.