Chapter 12: The Wendigo

"Uh, Piper Halliwell," I say as we walk up to the reception desk of the hospital, I look around and I notice Andy.

"Melody, Prue, Phoebe," Andy says as he sees us, I quickly forget the shit he has put Prue through for a couple of minutes just to hug him in thanks.

"Andy, thanks for calling us, we got here as quick as we could," I say as we pull apart.

"Hey, she's like my sister too. She's in here," Andy says and points to the room where Piper is, we walk in to see a doctor putting a big bandage on Piper's arm.

"Oh my God, that's a lot of blood," Piper says as she watches the doctor work.

"Hey, sweetie," Prue says as we walk over to her bedside, me towards the back.

"Oh my God! Are you okay?" Phoebe asks her and Piper nods.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Piper says to us. 

"If I pass out and I need a transfusion, I'm AB negative. It's very rare, it could be a problem," Piper explains to the doctor who nods.

"Try not to look at it. Just so you know, I'm AB neg. too. Plus, I love good food. Perfect donor," Andy offers.

"I'm AB neg. too, if it helps," I say and the doctor nods.

"um, so no stitches?" Prue asks and the doctor shakes his head.

"No. It's not that deep," The Doctor says, answering Prue's question.

"Ow," Piper says in pain and I wince, not wanting to see my sister in pain.

"Follow up with your doctor in the morning though. Keep it dry, a little aspirin for the pain, you'll be fine," the doctor says.

"Easy for you to say," Piper says with a little attitude and I smack her gently on the opposite shoulder.

"You're all set. Just sign this," the doctor says and hands over a clipboard with release papers on it.

"Oh, I got it," Prue tells me and I nod, sighing as she takes the forms.

"Come here, baby," Phoebe says and we help Piper up from the bed, we then leave the room with both mine and Phoebes arms around Piper's shoulders.

"I don't understand, why didn't you just freeze him?" Phoebe asks Piper.

"I was trapped in a phone booth. My power doesn't work outside the room I'm in remember," Piper points out and Phoebe nods.

"Oh, right," Phoebe says, Piper looks up and sees someone she recognises.

"Oh my God, Billy," Piper says so I look up and see a man with a flare gun in his belt.

"How are you?" he asks her.

"Billy. This is Billy. He saved my life," Piper says and I nod.

"Yeah, I'm just glad I got there in time," Billy says.

"Thanks for helping my little sister," I say and Billy smiles.

"Yeah, I'd like to talk to you about that. Along with that flare gun you just happened to show up with," Andy says and I sigh, I watch as Billy goes to light a cigarette but I blow out the flame.

"I don't think that you can smoke in here," Prue says and he looks a little guilty.

"Oh, right. Look, it's no coincidence, I was there Inspector. I heard about the murder last night. The creature..." Billy starts explaining but Andy interrupts.

"The creature?" Andy asks him and Billy nods.

"That's right," Billy says and Piper agrees with him.