Chapter 4: Deadman dating

(what I imagine that she wears in this chapter)

I walk into the kitchen and I see Piper handling the invitations to Prue's surprise party.

"I thought Phoebe sent those out already?" I ask Piper and she shakes her head.

"Apparently not," Piper says and I sigh as I pour myself a thermos full of coffee.

"Don't hog all the coffee," Piper says and I laugh.

"Sorry, I need this, I stayed up all night last night to get in some last-minute studying before my final test today," I say and Piper looks at me in shock.

"All night? how much of your final grade is this test?" she asks and hands me half of the invitations.

"Basically half of it, if I fail this test then I have to do the whole year all over," I explain and she nods, Phoebe then walks in.

"Good morning, what are you doing? Prue's coming down put those away," Phoebe says as she snatches the invitations out of our hands.

"Phoebe, you were supposed to send these invitations last week, the party is Friday," Piper says and I sigh shaking my head.

"We are right on schedule, the restaurant is reserved, then menus selected with the help of Mel, the cake has been ordered," Phoebe says and I sigh.

"That's because Piper and I did all those things, at least tell us that you brought Prue something other than your traditional birthday gift," I ask her and she gives me a look while crossing her arms.

"What's my traditional gift?" Phoebe asks and I laugh, causing her to glare at me.

"A card. 3 days late," Piper says as she glares at our sister, I then look down at my watch and I hit my head with my hand as I start to rush around.

"Damn! I gotta get to school!" I say and give both my sisters kisses on the cheeks and I grab my car keys.

"Love you! Bye!" I say and I run past Prue, I quickly stop and hand her the work that she needs to do today.

"That needs to be done!" I say then kiss her on the cheek and I finally rush out of the house and to my car, I climb inside and leave the driveway, I continue to drive until I spot an empty Alleyway so I quickly park my car there and Beam to school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"FINALLY!" I say as we all walk out of the classroom.

"What's eating you up, Mel?" My friend Lydia asks and I laugh.

"Well, finally got the test done, I stayed up all night studying while also worrying about Prue's party," I say and she nods and laughs at me.

"Don't worry Melody Halliwell, you can get through anything, your one tough girl," Lydia says and I laugh and pull her into a side hug.

"Thanks, girly, now, I need to get going, I have a boyfriend to go and see," I say and then wave goodbye to her, I walk out of the school and hide in an Alleyway where I beam off to Leo's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(when she is with Leo is when Piper is confronting Phoebe about her job at the hotel)