Chapter 19: Out of sight

~~~~ A Couple Of Weeks Later ~~~~

"Okay, I have the presents... car keys... what am I forgetting?" I mutter to myself as I walk through the manor gathering everything I need for David's party, All of a sudden the presents that I am carrying are blown up in my hands, and I am thrown across the room into the wall, I look up and see a dark lighter laughing at me as he readies his bow.

"You are going to summon your Whitelighter boyfriend down here to 'save' you," he laughs again and I smirk.

"Do you and your friends really think that I am helpless? I mean seriously," I laugh and then quickly flick my hands, blowing him up, I sigh and flop back down onto the ground but I groan because of the pain in my back.

"Bloody hell," I stand up slowly and grip the wall behind me as I do, I then shake off the pain and go and grab some Advil to help.

"I now have nothing to take to the party, god damn it!" I huff but I grab my car keys before grabbing my purse and leaving the manor to head towards the park.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So what are you so afraid of?" I hear Phoebe ask Piper as I walk through the party guests in the park to get to my sisters who are at the food and drink table talking.

"I'm not afraid. I'm not. I'm just not sure," Piper shrugs and looks down at her drink as she stirs it slowly.

"Not sure of what?" I wonder as I grab a cup of punch and take a sip.

"Josh. He wants to have THE talk with Piper," Phoebe tells me but I look at her in confusion.

"What talk?" I ask and Phoebe and Prue laugh at me.

"Three dates, no sex. There could only be one talk he's talking about. The talk. Safe sex, prior partners. Standard dating protocol," Phoebe points out and I nod with a smile on my face, turning to face Piper who still looks scared.

"And sex equals relationship," Piper jumps in as she puts down her cup while I watch David's friends run around playing.

"And you're not sure you want to be a couple?" I ask her, turning back to face my sisters.

"Well, it's not that I don't like him..." Piper trails off and looks away from us.

"Then what's wrong with being a couple?" Phoebe shrugs, grabbing some food and stuffing her face.

"Well, I thought Greg and I were a couple and then we slept together and he took off," Piper sighs and I wrap an arm around her shoulders.

"Yeah, well, men seem to have a different definition of coupling than women do," I tell Piper who nods.

"I do not think that's why Greg left," Prue holds Piper's hand as Dee walks over to us with David next to her.

"Hey, Prue," Dee waves and Prue smiles, turning to face.

"Hey, Dee, how are you?" Prue asks her and they walk off to the side to talk.

"Hey, how's the party going?" Piper asks David who smiles with windburned cheeks.

"Great. We're playing Squish the Squash and nobody's been able to catch me. Is the cake ready?" David wonders and Piper nods as Prue's phone starts to ring.

"Uh, yeah, give us about five minutes," Piper tells David who nods in anticipation.

"Awesome. Hey guys, five minutes until the cake!" David calls out to his friends as he runs over to them.

"Thanks for doing all this, Piper. I never would have been able to afford it," Dee thanks us as I hand Prue her phone which rang for the second time.

"Hey, what are friends for? Besides, it's worth it just to see the look on David's face," Piper smiles as Prue walks away and answers her phone.