~Eleven~

Yoongi~
I dragged my feet going back to the cave. I wasn't looking forward to talking to Jungkook. I didn't know what to say or how much to tell him. One thing I did know was he wouldn't react in a good way.

Jin and Jungkook were outside cooking some fish they had caught for dinner, so I snuck into the cave to wait for them. I sat against the wall and propped my elbows on my knees. I still felt sick to my stomach.

They came in carrying our dinner and sat down on the floor to eat. They told me to come eat with them, but I shook my head, telling them I didn't feel well.

"What's wrong?" asked Jin. "Were you out in the sun too long?"

I shook my head, but didn't say anything, continuing to stare at the floor. In reality, I was trying to work up the courage to start this conversation with Jungkook. While they ate, they continued to look over at me with concern. I could hear them talking, wondering if I was coming down with an illness. I wish it were only that.

I waited until they were finished eating, "Can you guys come over here? I have something I want to talk to you about."

"Sure, what's up?" asked Jungkook, as he moved over to sit in front of me. Jin followed him and the three of us formed a triangle, facing each other.

"I found Rowan this afternoon." Yeah, that's a good way to start.

Jungkook's head shot up, his attention fully on me now. "Where is she? Why didn't she come back with you?"

"Did you apologize?" asked Jin, always worried about us being well-mannered.

I nodded. "She and I had a long talk and things between us are fine."

Taking a deep breath, I dove in. Her words were burned into my brain, so decided to tell them the exact way she had told me.

"She didn't leave entirely because of me," I said, looking at Jungkook, "she also left because of you."

He looked crestfallen, "I moved too fast, didn't I? She doesn't like me the way I like her."

"The opposite, actually," I told him. "She knew you were developing feelings for her. When she started having feelings too, she felt like she had to protect you by leaving."

"How could her leaving protect me? Protect me from what?" he asked, his brows furrowing.

"Jungkook, she has a past and it's disturbing, I won't lie to you about that. We assumed she had been hurt before and that's why she wanted nothing to do with people. We were right, but it probably wasn't the way you think. Unfortunately, you need to hear her story to understand why she is the way she is and why she feels the need to protect you."

I took a deep breath and proceeded to tell them word for word what Rowan had told me. Neither Jin nor Jungkook made a sound the entire time I talked. When I was finished, you could have heard a pin drop.

After about a minute, Jin whispered in disbelief, "Her own father? And he got away with it?"

I nodded. Unfortunately, life was unfair like that and it sucked.

"Everything about her makes sense now," Jin said, nodding. " I could never figure out how she could be so hard and distant at first, but when we got to know her she was really soft and caring. The two sides of her never made any sense to me before. JK, you ok?" Jin put his hand on Jungkook's shoulder.

My heart went out to Jungkook. He had the wide-eyed look of a deer caught in headlights.

Jungkook~
No, I was sincerely not ok.