~Eighteen~

Jungkook~
The nurse had just left after checking our vitals yet again. Even though we were all in great condition, they decided to keep us in the hospital for twenty-four hours. I checked the clock and it was after three in the morning. I sighed and tried shifting my position again.

"Jungkook? You ok?" Yoongi asked quietly. "You've been tossing and turning all night."

"I can't sleep. I'm used to holding her now, hearing her soft breathing in my ear."

"Do you want me to call Jimin to come sleep with you? He likes to cuddle," laughed Yoongi.

I chuckled. "Somehow I don't think he would feel the same as her, or smell as good. And I'm almost positive he wouldn't let me kiss him in the morning, like she does. I'll be ok once she gets here. Don't worry about me; I'll be fine," I assured him. "Go back to sleep."

"Try hugging a pillow," Jin suggested, mumbling while half asleep.

I sighed again. "Rowan doesn't feel like a pillow, hyung," I said, "Pillows aren't warm and they don't curve in all the right places."

"Mmmm, try it anyway. It's only one night," he ordered, as he drifted back off to sleep.

Yoongi threw me his extra pillow and I wrapped my arms and legs around it the best I could. I never fell all the way asleep, but I did go into a weird relaxed state that sort of felt like sleep, except I was aware of everything going on around me.

It was a little after nine o'clock in the morning when Sejin came into our room... alone. He was carrying one of her backpacks, so I assumed she was getting checked out like we had.

Sejin walked over to me, looking like he'd rather be anywhere else than right here, right now. He shook his head and cleared his throat, "Here, I was told to give this to only one of you three." He set the backpack next to me on the bed and backed away.

The look on his face told me something was up, so I asked, "Where is she, Sejin?"

He shrugged. "I didn't even see her. She had the pilot drop her off in another location to avoid the reporters. She left the backpack with him with strict instructions it was to go to no one, but one of you three. You have no idea how hard it was to get him to give it to me instead."

"Ok, avoiding the media is something she would do, but why wouldn't she just bring the backpack with her later?" asked Yoongi.

I opened the backpack and dumped out the contents... phones, jackets, a notebook, and three tightly folded wads of paper. Picking up the papers, I noticed that each one was marked with a name. I tossed two to Yoongi and he passed Jin's over to him.

My hands shook as I unfolded mine. Please don't be saying goodbye... please. As soon as I spread the paper somewhat flat, something shiny fell into my lap. I picked it up, dangling it from my fingertips. Winding the chain around my fingers, I picked up the note.

JK,
I love you.
I love you more than anyone on this planet.
And I already miss you so much.
But I have to leave for a little while. I'm sorry. I can't risk having my name in the news. So I'm going to take care of some things, but I'll be back. I just don't know when.
Please don't lose faith in me; it would wreck me worse than anything in my past ever did.
I love you. Take care of this for me until I come home. I'll see you soon.
All my love,
Rowan

I knew the necklace was her promise to come back to me. She would never take it off otherwise. I slipped it over my head and tucked it inside my shirt, the silver medallion cold against my skin, but warming my heart. She would come back; I was sure of it.