~Twenty-one~

Jungkook~
I couldn't believe she was finally in my arms again. I carried her into the bedroom and kicked the door closed. I reluctantly let go of her and she slid down to stand on the floor. Pulling her necklace over my head, I put it back in place around her neck.

"Thank you, baby. Having it did help me," I told her, as she reached up to brush her fingertips over the medallion.

Stroking her cheek with the back of my hand, I leaned in to kiss her. I meant to kiss her gently, not wanting to scare her off after so long, but the second my lips touched hers my needs took over. I pulled her to me roughly and held her there, while I kissed her hungrily, not able to get enough of her. 

Her fingers were gripping the waistband of my jeans, pulling my hips against her. Just the feel of her pressed against me hit me right between the legs, making me hard. She sighed and kissed me eagerly, slipping her tongue past my lips. When my tongue responded, however, she bit me! Hard! And then pushed me away from her.

"Damn it! What the hell was that for?" I yelled, putting my fingers up to my mouth, coming away with a tiny smear of blood on them.

"It's been over a month, you jerk! Why haven't I heard from you? Not even one time!" she snapped, one lone tear rolling down her cheek.  

"Baby, I know you said you put your number in my phone, but I've looked everywhere; it's not in there. I would have called you every damn day if it was. I swear!"

She glared at me and held out her hand, wanting my phone. I reached into my back pocket, pulled it out, and handed it to her. Crossing my arms, I silently waited for her to check through my phone and then start apologizing.

She went straight to my contact list, scrolled down, and then tapped on the screen. Two seconds later, the phone in her jacket pocket started ringing. She scowled and tossed my phone to me, heading for the door shaking her head. "Go home, Jungkook," she said coldly.

"Baby, no! No! Wait please," I said as I grabbed her from behind, holding her. Handing her my phone again, I begged, "Show me. I swear, Rowan, I couldn't find it. And I'm not the only one. Suga couldn't find it in his phone either. Just show me."

She opened my phone and pulled up her number again. "I don't understand how you couldn't find it," she said, frustrated. "It's right there! Red heart, red lips, red heart, red lips. Everything's red. Who else would you think that was?" She was right. It was right there. I'd had the means to contact her this whole time. I started laughing, but she was not finding this funny at all. "I'm serious. If you didn't think that was me, then who did you think it was?"

"Rowan, I have so many contacts in there. I'm sorry, it didn't occur to me to look for emojis. Why didn't you just put your name? Or something like, love of my life? I didn't even notice this one," I tried reasoning with her.

Nuzzling into her neck, I whispered, "Please forgive me. I didn't mean to hurt you or make you doubt me." She crossed her arms trying to hold on to her anger, but I felt it the instant the fight went out of her. Turning her around, I leaned my forehead against hers, "Please don't ever leave me again. I can't do this, not even one more time. I don't ever want to be separated from you again."

She nodded and wrapped her arms around my waist, pulling me into her embrace. I sighed, melting into her; right here, in this moment, this was the only place I wanted to be.

We stood there for some time, just holding each other. Finally, she whispered, "We probably should go back out there. They're going to think we're up to something naughty."

"I don't care what they think," I murmured, holding her for another minute, my fingers running through her silky hair. After gently placing one more soft kiss on her lips, I sighed and said, "Ok, let's go. I've got some people you need to meet."