Chapter 35

We finally touched the surface of the earth again. The grass tickles my leg slightly and there was a gentle breeze with the sun set. The sky had a orange like color with some red thrown in, the clouds gained the orange color as it reflects of the bay water, the waves gently reached the shore, bringing flowers or lost treasures with it.

"Damn. Never saw a sunset like this" Leon comments and stands next to me.

"Yeah, its... something" I respond.

"You know, this might be the first and last time I see this" I spoke.

"Why?" He asks.

"Leon. We don't know how dangerous this mission could get or if we'll make it out alive" I looked at him.

The breeze slightly blew his bangs out his face and uncovered his eye. Those crystal blue eyes got lighter and it contains some emotion but I can't place my finger on it. His lips were partly separated and it looks soft with its light pink color.

"Yeah, that's why we try to survive" Leon spoke.

"Yeah, I know so you can help others in need" I said.

"Yes and if you don't save one life, you save any" Leon says.

I looked back to the water and nod slightly.

"Yeah, I guess so. We have to, you know" I said.

"Yeah, yeah boss" Leon says sarcastically.

There is the Leon I know. The cocky son of a bitch that doesn't take shit.

"Oh shut up and do it" I said and he walks away scoffing.

I shook my head and watched him walk away. Leon has broad shoulders and a amazing ass. I know, he is my partner at work and I shouldn't think like that but damn, I wanna smack that ass one day.

I shakes the thoughts out my head and looked back to the waters before joining Leon.