Chapter 44

During the day Zed showed me around and he told me everything I needed to know about his tribe and the jungle.

"Scorpion, she has awaken" A girl about 16 years old told Zed.

"Thanks Sofia" Zed says.

We walked back to the tent we were in. Once we inside I saw Y/N, she sat up. I could see pain in her eyes and that killed me. Once she saw me, she immediately covered it up and smiled at me like nothing is wrong.

"Hey" She said, waving a bit.

"Y/N, I'm sorry Hanso-"

"Zed. I get it" She said.

Y/N slowly hopped of the bed and walked to us. Her movement was a bit slow and by the way she walks, tells us she is in pain.

To be honest I think it should be me, it should be me walking in pain. I should be injured yet I have scratches and Y/N has the injuries. I don't know, maybe she doesn't want anyone hurt or I wasn't a man enough to take the pain for her.

Y/N hugs me and my instincts told me to hug her back, all the emotions flowed through me. If Zed never found us then she would have been dead and I wouldn't have another opportunity to hug Y/N again.

"Leon" She said.

"How you doing?" She asked.

"I'm great I guess" I answered.

"Y/N, how you feeling?" I asked.

"Not to hot but I'll live. Have the base send out a search party for us?" She asked.

"No. When I called in, they were more worried about the mission than us" I said, sighing a bit.

"Basturds" She said, looking away.

"So we are ghosts now" She says.

"That's music to my ears"