Chapter 11 - More Secrets

Aria's POV 

 I crouched down so that I was at her level as she walked closer to me.

"Ari, meet Odette. My daughter."

I placed my hands on my knees and looked into her gorgeous eyes. 

"Hello, Odette. I'm Aria and I am so happy to meet you." She smiled at me then looked down. She was a little shy. "My, what a pretty dress you have on. Do you think they will have one in my size?" I exclaimed. 

I watched as her face lit up and she grabbed each side of her dress. 

"You will have to ask my Zio (Uncle). He got it for me."  She smiled at me then at Dominic. I glanced at him.

"Well, I will be sure to ask him for one later," I said to her. Then her face fell.

"What's wrong sweety?" I asked her concerned. It was such a sudden change. 

"Are you here with my Zio? You won't hurt me, will you? The other lady that was here with Zio was a meany and hurt me." She responded getting upset. 

I was a bit taken back when I heard those words. What on earth? I looked up at Dani who looked like she was going to throttle Dominic. I looked back at Odette. I reached for her hands and held them making sure she looked at me. 

"I will NEVER hurt you, darling," I emphasized to her. "I am not here with your Zio. I came here to see your mommy. I haven't seen her in a very long time so I am here for a little visit." I said to her. Her face lit up once again. 

"Will you play dress up with me when you have the time?" She asked me excitedly. 

"Of course I will." 

Marcel walked in from the patio towards her. He knelt and whispered in her ear.

"There is a pretty pink bicycle awaiting you in the garden princess." She jumped up and down. 

He reached his hand out and she took it and they began walking away. She then stopped as Marcel looked at her confused. She turned around and ran back to me, giving me a hug as she wrapped her little arms around my neck almost knocking me off balance. I hugged her back then she ran back to Marcel and they left towards the garden. 

I got up and Dani had a big smile on her as she looked at me. Then she turned to look at Dominic and that smile faded so damn quickly like it was never there. She was pissed. 

"Was Alexa here while we were gone?" She asked him. I turned to face him and saw him take a deep breath with his hands in his pockets. 

"What does it matter? You and Odette were not here." He replied to her in somewhat of an irritated tone. 

"Ugh. I take that as a yes." She threw her hands up in the air. "I don't understand you, Dom! You heard Odette! This is the second time she mentioned getting hurt by that woman and yet you continue to think with your fucking dick!" 

My eyes widened at her. I think I still saw that little 12-year-old Dani and needed to get used to this grown-up, straight forward one with some very colorful language. 

"Come on Dani, that's not fair. Odette didn't even mention Alexa by name now and she won't tell us what happened. How am I supposed to do anything to sort it out when she won't even tell us and Alexa says she doesn't know what Odette is speaking of." Dom said to her as calmly as he could. 

Dani shook her head at him and sighed.

"Dom, I am warning you if I see that bimbo in our house I will not hesitate to take her down!" She threatened Dom. Dom's face contorted then relaxed. He closed his eyes taking a breath.