Chapter 43 - Baby De Luca

Aria's POV

Two weeks went by and today we were going to visit Olivia at the hospital to find out the sex of the baby. I knew something was going on at work because Dom was increasingly stressed. I would catch him yelling on the phone every now and then, always ending the calls and taking a deep breath when I walked into the room.

"I can reschedule the appointment, babe," I say calmly to him.

He shook his head, making his way around his desk to me. He took my hand in his, pulling me into him while leaning against the desk.

"You will do no such thing. I'm sorry, Rhi. I know I have been a lot to be around lately. I have just had a lot of things to clean up after that file landed on an FBI desk. I have been changing our docking sections, dates, shipments and buying out more FBI agents. But you and our child will always come first. I am just waiting for Marcel and Dani to arrive back from their honeymoon so he can take over for the afternoon, then we will be on our way."

I looked down at our feet, slightly pushing back from him. That was my fault. This mess was because of me. That was when I felt it again, the wetness running down my cheeks. It seems to be all I do lately. The slightest thing sends me over into tears.

"Hey, hey... Why are you crying?" He tried pulling me back to him but I pushed him away, shaking my head. "Aria?"

"No! That is my fault! You are going through this because of me!" I shouted at him. It all spewed out of me and I felt like I had no control over my emotions, actions or words.

"Why are you with me? I fucking betrayed you and this is happening because of me! You are such a fool, wanting the woman who caused you such grief. You could have any woman, why would you want this!?" I exclaimed, gesturing towards my body.

"You know what? This was a mistake. I should be letting you go, no tying you down."

I took off the engagement ring, trying to hand it to him. He stood there completely in shock and frozen. I couldn't make eye contact with him. I gently placed the ring down on his desk and walked out of the office, noticing Ruby was standing by the door. She attempted to reach for me and I quickly held my hands up in defense, swaying my head at her. I slid past her and went into the garden.

Dominic's POV

Dominic's POV

I stared at her walking out of the office after placing the ring on the desk. I picked up the ring, looking up at Ruby.

"What the fuck just happened?" I asked her bewildered.

Her chuckles filled the room as she walked inside, plopping herself into one of the couches.

"Boss, for someone who has dealt with a pregnant female before, I'm surprised you don't recognize those irrational pregnancy hormones."

She pulled out her phone from her pocket, sliding it open then proceeding to type away at it.