Chapter 42 - A Promise

Disclaimer: Mature audiences only! 

Aria's POV

I stared in the mirror after putting on the finishing touches. I pulled back to analyze my reflection, my eyes traveling down and stopping on the slight bump showing through the dress. I placed my hand over it, thinking about the past couple of weeks. I was reaching my 16th week and my visits, at the moment, were biweekly. Dom moved me into his room permanently and started cutting back on the hours that he spent in the warehouse. He was so patient with me, patient with my mood swings, my cravings, or my lack of appetite at times, which I knew annoyed him. Olivia moved back into the apartment, and Ruby decided to move in with her. 

I spent most of my days resting, or planning the clinic Dom was building. He said he would start the takedowns of the trafficking rings when I was up to it, after giving birth. He was so positive in this pregnancy, yet I still had moments that my mind would mess up my heart, no matter what I did. Dom immediately knew when it was one of those days. He could read me like no other. Those were the days he would try and keep me the busiest. He wouldn't call me out on it and he wouldn't give me a harder time.  He would simply take the day off work, pull me into the shower and instruct me on the itinerary for the day. That's when I knew he noticed. 

Today was going to be a busy one, and I tried taking things slow. I would have Odette with me most of the time and I tried planning it out with Rosa. The garden was set with the seatings, petal covered aisle and flower arch. The patio was cleared for the dining tables and chairs, along with a dance floor. 

I was going through the day in my mind, making sure I didn't forget anything when I felt his powerful grip around my waist. He spun me around, connecting our lips in an emotional need, hypnotizing me into a sensual frenzy. He grazed his lips across my skin from my jaw, down my neck then to my shoulder, where he pulled down the strap of the dress. He bit down on the skin, pulling me harder into him, and eliciting an involuntary moan from my mouth. I felt his erection press against my crotch, evoking a lascivious desire within me.  

"Dom..." I tried to speak, but it came out as more of a whisper. 

He ignored me as his hands dropped, grabbing my ass and pulling me up against his erection, stirring an even greater desire within me that was now soaking my panties. 

"Nicky, we can't do this today..." I gathered up as much willpower as I could to speak. 

"Who says?" He growled into the crook of my neck. His fingers started to slowly scrunch up the dress, gripping it in his clenched palms, and exposing my legs.

Good God, I don't have an answer for that right now. My mind was a jumbled mess at this point. 

"Aria?" I heard Ruby's voice sound from the corridor. 

"She says." I quickly hummed into his ear before wiggling my way out of his grasp, hearing an annoyed groan coming from him. 

I opened the door, popping my head out. 

"Dani needs you. Like, right now!" Ruby looked flustered. 

"What's going on?" My eyes narrowed on her. 

"She just needs you, please." Ruby was pleading with me. 

Before I could answer I felt Dom's fingers moving from my ankle and up my leg. His touch was leaving behind a scorching path, and I was concerned if I tried speaking now, no words would form.  I nodded my head at Ruby frantically, before shutting the door. As the door clicked in place, I felt his fingers trace the full length of my wet core through my panties. My head bowed and my forehead connected with the cold wood of the door. My breathing quickened as I felt his teeth on the skin of my neck.