Chapter 21 - Gala Night (Part 1)

Aria's POV

I showered and made my way down to the kitchen. I was in serious need of some pain killers. It took me a while to adjust to the light coming in from outside and I could hear everyone in the kitchen talking. 

"I thought I told you to watch the girls." I heard Dom say. He must be talking to Ruby.

"Well, next time you can escort those two free spirits. Do you have any idea what I went through? Between dancing on bar tops to starting fights with random people I felt like I was trying to wrangle a bunch of wild horses." Ruby huffed back at him. Bar tops? Oh boy...

"Bar tops?" Marcel questioned a bit surprised. 

"Dude, you have no idea... It was a wild night. Felt like I was in a Coyote Ugly remake." 

I couldn't help but laugh at the way Ruby explains things. 

I walked into the kitchen. Dom and Marcel were standing on one side of the kitchen counter while Ruby stood on the other side with Dani sitting next to her. Dani had a pillow on the counter with her head face down in it. Her hair looked a mess and it looked like she was wearing sunglasses. I let out a soft giggle that alerted everyone to my presence. 

"Whoa... You look like shit." Marcel said looking me up and down. 

"Yeah, I've got reason to be. What's your excuse?" I retorted with a look.

Dom let out a hearty laugh along with Ruby who was struggling to swallow the coffee in her mouth. 

"Oh, babycakes shoots and she scores!" Ruby recovered. Marcel did not look pleased at all. 

"Can you guys shut up!" Dani moaned into her pillow. 

"Ah... what's wrong, Sorella (sister)? Your head a little tender there?" Dom asked her as he set his cup down on the counter next to her head, hitting it a little harder than necessary. 

She jumped at the sound, lifting her head and holding it between her hands as she groaned. 

"Fuck you, Dominic!" 

Dom laughed while Ruby and Marcel snickered. Dani got up, grabbed her pillow into a hugging position then proceeded to flip all of them off and left the kitchen. 

Yup, I am never drinking again. This is fucking painful. 

A week has gone by since our ladies' night and it was now the Gala night

A week has gone by since our ladies' night and it was now the Gala night. Dani had a stylist send a selection of dresses to choose from. I tried arguing with her saying I had a cocktail dress from one of my formal Doctor's dinners. But I was nowhere near winning that argument.

She gave me dress after dress to try on. Eventually, I was done with the changing. 

"Ok, Dani I don't care what this one looks like, I am done," I said to her annoyed. I was starting to sweat from this workout.