Chapter 28 - A Rat

Disclaimer: Mature Audiences Only!

Dominic's POV

I was about to have my way with Aria until Marcel kept calling. Eventually answering, I noticed the desperation in his voice. Something was wrong. It took every piece of will power to walk away from her gorgeous naked body. But I will be back, that is a promise. 

Now I'm making my way down to the office. I could see Marcel pacing inside it.

"Marcel?" I broke him from his thoughts. 

"Where the fuck have you been Dominic?" He said, frustration dripping off his words. "You know Dani is going to lose her shit if she finds out you brought another woman into this house?" 

"Marcel, watch yourself," I warned him. I made my way to my desk and stood against it with my arms crossed. 

"Now, tell me what is going on."

"Well, which news do you want first? The bad news or the really bad news?" He said cautiously. 

I gave him a look and he knew to fucking get on with it. 

"Well, let's start with this Ivanovich fool. He was telling the truth, his parents died when he was a kid. His uncle took him in and raised him. His uncle being Ivan Ivanovich." Marcel trailed off. 

My jaw clenched and I grabbed onto the desk, gripping it hard to try control my anger that was now starting to boil. 

"Ivan is his paternal uncle." He finished off.

"Are you telling me this Tony character was set to become the Pakhan?" 

"He still is Dom. Ivan has no children and Tony was too young to take over when his father died. It's the only reason why Ivan took over. The Bratva will fall on Tony once Ivan steps down or passes." 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Un-fucking-believable. 

"Dom..." Marcel said hesitantly. There was something else and Marcel was afraid to say it.

"Spit it out, Marcel." I was now getting highly irate. 

"Alexa is gone." 

"Excuse me?" I said incredulously. 

"Alexa escaped last night, Dom. She had help since there was no forced entry or exit. Cameras were down so we have nothing and she is gone." 

I stared at him for what seemed like forever. It took me a while to process what he just said. 

"Are you telling me we have a leak?" I questioned him as he nodded slowly.

I had a rat. A fucking rat that has probably been under my roof around Dani and Odette. I was going to lose my shit. 

"Marcel..." I said as a low grumble. "You better find who that is. All business-related things are to be discussed only with you and Ruby. Lorenzo is a need to know basis. You get them on board and fucking FIND THE RAT!" I growled. 

I charged out of there. I needed to calm myself and there was only one person who could do it. The only one that could calm the storm brewing with just a touch of a hand. She was currently becoming the light to my darkness and I felt lost without her. Now that I've had a taste of her, I just want more of her. It's like an addiction that I can't seem to come out of. I was craving her.