Chapter 18 - Babysitting (Part 3)

Dominic's POV

I finished cleaning up the kitchen then made my way to my room to change my clothes. I couldn't help but smile the whole time. Seeing Aria with Odette and the playful side to her was so refreshing. 

I had this massive urge to kiss her in the kitchen. Seeing her smile and hearing her laughter did something to me. I need to gain more control. But damn it, did I find her so gorgeous when she was genuinely happy. I needed to stop this. I will never be able to give her the life she truly deserves. 

I made my way to Odette's room. Before I entered, I heard her and Aria talking which made me stop and just listen. Aria had asked her about being hurt by someone. 

"I think her name is Alex," Odette said softly. 

"Mmm," I heard Aria reply.

"I went looking for Zio in his office. He promised to take me to the park and then to get a dress. That is when we were going to get that dress you liked." Odette went off topic slightly. 

"The lady was in there but not Zio. She got angry with me. She told me my Zio doesn't want to spend time with me and I must leave him alone. I wanted to cry so I was going to run to mommy but she stopped me. She hurt my arm with her nails. She was pressing very hard. I told her she was hurting me but she didn't care. She said if I told mommy or Zio what she said she would hurt them and I would never see them again." 

My blood was boiling as I listened to Odette recount that day. I remember that day. She was so distant from me and I didn't understand why. It took a week before she hugged me again. She got better after I took her to the park and bought that dress like I had promised. 

I could hear the sadness and fear in her voice and it took a lot for me not to punch the wall beside me. I balled my hands into a fist, taking in a couple of deep breaths. 

"Oh baby, come here." I heard Aria say to her. I took a peek into the room and saw Aria holding her tightly on her lap as they sat on her bed. 

"I will never ever hurt you and nobody else will as long as I am here. Ok?" I saw Odette nod and hug her back. 

I walked away from the room as Aria was getting Odette into bed. I took out my phone and made a call to Marcel. He picked up almost instantly. 

"Dom?" 

"Marcel... Don't worry I am not calling for you to come home. Everything is fine here. I need you to call Luka and Dante at the club and tell them to catch Alexa as she leaves tonight and take her to one of the cells in the warehouse." I said flatly. 

"Alexa? What's going on Dom?" 

"I will talk to you tomorrow. Nothing to worry about right now. Just make sure it gets done, Marcel." 

"On it." 

"Good. I will see you later." 

"Addio (goodbye)."

I ended the call and put it in my pocket. I turned to head back to Odette's room but came face to face with Aria.