Chapter 38 - The Truth

Disclaimer: Graphic violence ahead. Reader discretion is advised. 

Dominic's POV

I was sitting on my office floor, my back against the wall with the whiskey bottle in my hand. The place was trashed all around me. Right now, I don't know how I feel. I have been through a range of emotions in the past half hour that at this moment I feel numb. 

It started with disbelief. I couldn't believe what I had seen on Andrea's phone. It couldn't be her. It then moved onto complete shock as I opened the safe to find the file indeed gone, along with her. Denial was next to follow. I refused to believe she could do that, that she would do that. That would then mean everything over the course of these months was a lie. Everything she said, everything we did, and everything I felt was all a lie. So, the story she fed me about her ex-boyfriend was a lie too? How does someone fake those emotions? You can't. That fear, that anxiety, that despair, that hatred, that pain cannot be faked. It can't be. I was convinced there was more to this story.

That was until Ruby watched the video and doubt followed suit within me. The perplexed expression she gave me, yet she believed the video and was awaiting my orders. That reaction made me doubt everything. There were two possibilities for this. Either she believed Aria was guilty, or she knew something I didn't. But then why not tell me? 

It was at this point that I didn't want to think of anything. I didn't want to think of the possible betrayal. I didn't want to think of the pain rising in my chest, in my heart with the thought that the woman I opened myself up to completely, the one I bared myself to and the one I love with my whole being just betrayed me. So, I allowed the anger and rage to take over. Ruby knew to get out of there. She knew it was coming. Andrea, however, still tried to test the waters. He still tried to add fuel to the already burning fire within me. He still had the audacity to call Aria a whore. I saw red. I know I shot at him, I know I injured him and I know there are half a dozen bullets embedded in my wall and I don't give a fuck. 

After I let go of that rage, I sunk myself onto the floor. Which brings me to now. That numb feeling is present but it isn't strong enough to make me forget today. The sun hasn't even risen yet and today is already one of my worst days. Maybe the bottle will make me forget it. I took a swig of whiskey as my phone buzzed in my pocket. I took it out and unlocked the message. The contents rocked me and it was the one thing that could make me drop everything. 

Fratello, SOS. Meet me at View Point. 

I jumped up in search for the car keys in my desk drawer. I found the Aston Martin keys and ran towards my bedroom. The second I entered it, I paused at the entrance. I saw her towel laying over the couch. The towel she had wrapped around that gorgeous body of hers after I made love to her in the bath. Her smell still lingered in the room. That sweet honey and cinnamon combination. I rubbed my forehead, feeling the sharp pain beginning in the center. I can't do this right now, I need to get to my sister. 

Pushing all the thoughts and emotions aside I rushed into the closet, changed into a pair of jeans, tank and leather jacket then made my way out of there. The Aston would get me there quickly. I drove to the View Point which was another memory that flooded my mind as I parked the car where I had parked the Mustang. She was everywhere. I couldn't escape her. She took up every part of me. 

As I got out of the car I saw Dani, Marcel, and Ruby standing by the bench. I ran over to Dani, looking her over after reaching her.

"Fratello, I'm fine. Nothing's wrong." She told me softly, holding onto my hands.

"But the SOS..." I trailed off.

"I needed to get you here alone and away from the house. It was the only way I knew how." She said sheepishly.