Chapter 36 - Goodbye, My Love

Disclaimer: Mature Audiences Only!

" 'Cause I built a home... For you... For me...

Until it disappeared... From me... From you...

And now, it's time to leave and turn to dust."

Dominic's POV

Dominic's POV

Aria has been distant this whole week and I cannot pinpoint what is going on. I have had an uneasy feeling about it but I know not to push her. She only withdraws more when I do. I decided to take her somewhere this evening, somewhere only Dani and I know about. I also wanted to show her something I know would bring a smile to her face. I needed to trust that when she is ready, she will open up to me. 

I looked at my watch to see it was now 10 in the evening. I put on a pair of jeans and a casual shirt with a pair of sneakers. I pop my head out into the darkened hallway and listen to the silence. I slowly made my way into Aria's room, closing the door slowly before making my way to the side of her bed. I crouched down to her beautiful face as she slept. I caressed her face then gently shook her. 

"Rhi..." I began in a whisper. "Rhi..." I repeated as she began to move. "Baby girl..."

"Mmmm..." She moaned. I watched as her eyes fluttered open. "Nicky?" Her sleepy and angelic voiced sounded out.

"Baby girl, I need you to get up." 

"Why?" She uttered in the middle of a yawn. 

"I want to show you something. Come, get that sexy ass of yours up." I said to her while gently squeezing her ass with my left hand, causing her to let out a giggle and snap her eyes at me. Now she's awake. 

"Seriously?" She gave me a look while I simply smirked back at her. "Where are we going?" 

"Get a move on and you shall find out." I now gently tapped her ass. "Dress casual. Come, I'm waiting."