Chapter 23 - Nightmares

Disclaimer: Please be aware that this chapter will deal with some very sensitive topics. There will be no humor in this chapter. Reader discretion is advised.

Dominic's POV

When we got home I helped Aria into the house. She looked completely out of it. What happened to you, baby girl? 

She had a blank expression and stared into nothing. I decided on keeping her in my room so I could keep an eye on her. I didn't know what would happen if I left her alone. Like this, I can stay on my couch and check on her throughout the night.

We entered my room and she made her way to the edge of my bed and just sat there staring at the floor. I quickly made my way to Odette's bathroom to gather her wet wipes. I returned and crouched down in front of Aria. I began wiping her face and cleaning off her smudged makeup. As I wiped I watched as tears fell from the corners of her eyes. With each tear that fell, I felt my chest tighten. 

I then grabbed a pair of sweats and a tee-shirt. I gave them to her and told her to get changed so she can get some sleep. She went into the bathroom and left the door open. I was thankful for this for the mere fact that I knew she wasn't going to be irrational with her emotions. I have never seen her like this. Not even when she thought I cheated on her or found out I was the Don. She still reacted with words. This... this had no reaction what so ever apart from tears and fear.  

She walked back into the room quietly and placed her dress over the side of the couch, then just stood there. I made my way to her and pulled her into a hug. She didn't hesitate to grab onto me and cry again. 

"Let it all out, baby girl. I'm here." I whispered to her. 

After some time she calmed down. I pulled back and wiped her cheeks with my thumbs as I held her face in my hands. 

"Let's get you to bed. You need to rest." She nodded and followed me. 

I opened up my bed and pulled back the covers. I then tucked her in and placed a kiss on her forehead. I began walking away to get changed.

"Nicky..." I heard her call for me, barely a whisper. 

I turned and made my way back to her.

"Please, can you stay with me?" She asked softly. 

"Of course." 

I began taking off my suit and made my way to the walk-in closet. I returned in just a pair of sweats. I got into the bed beside her. I lay on my side facing her as she faced me. She gave me half a smile and eventually drifted off to sleep. I caressed her face and moved strands of hair behind her ear. After seeing she had completely fallen asleep I then drifted off myself. 

Aria's POV

Aria's POV

I peeped out of the bedroom door to look up and down the hallway. It was quiet and dark. I took a deep breath, grabbed my bag and swung it over my shoulder. I sent Olivia a text then made a run for the front door. I was so close. Just before my hand touched the handle I felt a force pull me back followed by a pain in my head.