Home Again || Infinity Portal

(Word count: 1589

Song: Cassiopeia by Really Slow Motion

So this was originally only going to be X and his family, but then I threw EX into the mix and everything went out of hand.

EX is canceled I'm sad now he will live forever in my books

I also wanted to ask what YOU GUYS want to see the Hermits witness when they go through the portal! I already have one ready for Bdubs and Keralis, but the other Hermits, what do you think they should see?)

What was Doc doing in Area 77?

Xisuma had just discovered a Nether Portal in the Area...but it wasn't normal. It had all of its obsidian blocks missing...yet the portal was still active. Diamond blocks lined the 1x3 portal.

There was no way this should even be possible.

X shouldn't even be in here, but he drank a potion of invisibility and snuck in here.

It was a good thing he came—this wasn't normal.

Should I go in? What if it's dangerous?

But something like this really shouldn't exist. He should probably check to see if it goes to the Nether or if it's just a glitch.

Bracing himself, X stepped through the portal.

A normal Nether Portal should take you to...well, the Nether. X would have understood if it took him somewhere other than that in the Overworld—it was broken, after all—but the last place he expected it to bring him was the End.

X double-checked to make sure it was the End. Yeah, it was...the Endstone, the obsidian towers...

Wait...where were all the farms? And the Enderman safe houses? And all the torches?

The obsidian towers looked intact. The dragon was nowhere to be seen. But this wasn't the End that belonged in Hermitcraft.

Maybe it was at the beginning of Hermitcraft? Maybe somehow the portal had brought him back in time? That would be a stunt on its own, but there would be block towers everywhere. The dragon would be present.

The Endermen were still present, though. There was an uncomfortable amount of them.

X looked around. The portal was still behind him, but something drew him to explore this odd End. As he scanned the island, he spotted something that shouldn't be present in the End.

A small hut, made from Endstone bricks. It wasn't anything special, a bit plain, but it jolted X's memories.

A house in the End.

A family of four.

Then, disaster. They were forced to flee, to leave their parents.

Then, finding Hermitcraft.

Then, reuniting with his brother in the worst possible circumstances.

This was Xisuma's home. His original home in the End.

This is where he was born. And then, a few years later, he was forced to leave, when the End had gotten out of control. He and his brother had run away, through the mysterious portal just outside their house, and it had brought them to a whole new world—the Overworld.

From there, X and his brother had stayed together, but then they had gotten separated. X was lucky enough to find a civilization called Hermitcraft, but he lost his brother.