Laser Tag

(Word count: 707

Hey we've got some rare pairs! Tango x Mumbo, or Mango! I might write more rare pairs in the future cause they're a lot of fun—

As you can probably tell by the prompt this is super shippy, so anti-shippers and non-shippers, you've been warned.

I also know hxrmits and angeredmercymain are doing this prompt as well, so check theirs out too!)

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Hon, you could've asked me that when we got out of the car. Or when I picked you up. But no. You decided to say it when we're in the laser tag room, almost starting the game."

"I only started to get cold feet now. Don't target me right off the bat."

"But it's fun that way!"

Mumbo playfully smacked Tango on the top of his head. "Don't be a jerk."

"Being a jerk is my specialty." Tango patted Mumbo on the head. He had to step on the Redstoner's toes to reach the top. "Now, come on. I'll be your shield."

The pair was in a room with four or five other people. It was dark, and you could barely see the barricades that were littered around the room. The only thing that lit up the area was the soft glow of the guns and the small LED lights that were stuck on the walls.

The contestants themselves wore black clothing and a special vest that would show how many lives they had. The guns had unlimited ammo, so there was no need to worry about reloading. You hit a person three times, you were out.

The buzzer sounded, signaling the game starting. Mumbo stayed close to Tango, hoping he wouldn't shoot him. The vest made an obnoxious sound whenever you lost a life, and it just altered more people to your presence.

Sure enough, Mumbo quickly heard two less unfortunate people's vests sound out. Tango laughed and shot someone else, who now only had one life left.

"You're gonna get shot!" Mumbo exclaimed, staying behind a large barricade. "Get over here!"

"No! You get over here! This is fun!" Tango whooped, and eliminated one person. "That's score one for me, Mumbo! Better step up your game!"

"No, thanks. I'll stay right here, where it's safe."

Mumbo winced as his vest made a loud PEW-PEW-PEW sound. Someone had hit him from behind.

Tango laughed. "What did I say? What did I say?" He shot an "L" with his thumb and forefinger at the mustached man.

"Can I hit you now?"

Tango stuck out his bottom lip. "Aw. What happened to our truce? Well, if you can hit me..." he prepped his gun and aimed it at Mumbo.

Mumbo quickly ran away before Tango could fire a shot.

As he was retreating, Mumbo was hit one more time on the way. One life left. He needed to have some sort of plan. He quickly hid in a corner of the dark room and tried to figure out what the game plan was.

Mumbo was so busy pondering that he didn't notice the silhouette sneaking up behind him until the base of the gun was propped up right on his vest.

Tango grinned, his face illuminated by the gun he was holding. "G'day, Mumbo!"

Mumbo held his hands up in surrender. "Truce? Please?"

Tango lowered the gun, and Mumbo let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. Then he started holding it again when he saw the mischievous look on Tango's face.

"Hmm. I could let you off the bat, but there's gonna be something you have to do for me."

"Tango, for God's sake, it's a game!"

"And you were the one who was really stressed about it earlier. C'mon. Just one thing."

Mumbo sat up. "What do you want?"

Tango walked towards him. "Just roll with it." He quickly leaned in and gave Mumbo a quick peck on the lips. As he rushed back, even in the dark light Mumbo could tell Tango was blushing furiously. And he could feel his own face turning red too.

"Well, we can't have that as a truce-maker, can we?" Mumbo asked, then immediately worried he made a wrong move.

To his relief, Tango came in and kissed him again, longer this time. It was nice for a few seconds. Then Tango let go and shot Mumbo in the chest.

Mumbo winced as his vest made a final sad noise, then lit up red. He was out. "What was that for!?"

Tango shrugged. "Sorry. Couldn't help it." He took off whooping, obliterating every person in his path.