Cat Competition

(Word count: 465

Hey we got some Scarian—and I think I accidentally made a Mumbo x Cub ship too oop—

No I had the idea in a flash and ran to the Wattpad app lol)

"You're not getting at each other's throats just because you can't agree which cat is better."

"But—"

"No. Put the enchanted Jellie's Revenge down."

Grian and Scar reluctantly lowered their diamond swords. Grian shot Scar a playful yet murderous look. Scar stuck his tongue out and cuddled Jellie tighter.

Mumbo watched the scene before him and internally facepalmed. These two would always fight over which cat was better. It had been about a month, and they still haven't decided on a winner yet.

Mumbo once made the mistake of saying that Kubo, his dog, was superior to both Jellie and Maui. He was almost murdered, but Cub came in quickly.

Speaking of the scientist, he was also constantly watching Grian and Scar. It was a running gag between Mumbo and Cub to have "Scarian Shifts"—specific times they had to watch the duo to make sure they didn't murder each other.

Grian playfully shoved Scar, trying to make a grab for poor Jellie. Maui decided to take cover behind Mumbo, and he didn't blame the feline.

Scar lifted Jellie, Lion-King-style, above Grian's head so he couldn't reach her. Grian giggled and tried to jump high enough to get the cat.

Mumbo laughed and removed Jellie from Scar's hands easily. "Stop it, you two. You're tormenting the poor kitty."

Scar pouted a little. "She's used to it."

Grian gaped. "What do you do to her?"

"I think this is...the third or fourth Jellie?"

Grian blinked, then turned away.

Cub shook his head, grinning at Scar.

"Hey, where'd Maui go?" Grian asked, turning around in a full circle. No cat in sight. "SCAR!"

Scar put on an innocent face. "What?"

Grian walked up to Scar and turned him around, trying to find his cat. "Where'd you put him?"

"What are you taking about?" Scar asked, still playing innocent. "I thought he was with you."

Grian shot his fellow builder a glare. Scar laughed and handed Grian his cat. "You're no fun."

"Hey, no stealing cats allowed," Mumbo said, watching the scene in amusement.

"Five diamond fine," Cub added. Mumbo slapped his arm playfully. Scar tossed one of the blue jewels over his shoulder carelessly.

"You guys are cute together," Grian observed.

Mumbo turned red, but Cub took it in stride. "I could say the same about you and Scar."

It was Grian's turn to blush. Scar patted him on the head. "It's okay, Gri. They're just jealous of our relationship."

"Not when you take away my cat, they're not."

"Shhh." Grian placed a finger on Scar's lips.

"I'll leave you two to it," Mumbo said, practically having to drag Cub away.

"Can we grab some popcorn and come back? Please?" The scientist begged.

"No. Come on, I need your help with something anyway."

"Hmph."